Humble Beginnings in Nebraska

Great property! A LOT of cover can be planted in the remaining 6.5 acres of your property. Switchgrass, miscanthus giganteus, and plum thickets come to mind quickly.

Love the before and after pic on the house. Looks really nice. Welcome aboard! Look forward to following along with your progress.

Thanks, my property doesnt come close to most of yours with your wooded lots, i'm jealous lol but maybe one day I will get there. I will add some other properties to this post this summer that I am planting a few trees on and doing plots.

Had 110mph winds two weeks ago that took down a lot of trees, then this week I was excited to find thousands and thousands of japanese beetles eating my oaks like crazy, then last night I had tons of large hail, some places around me got baseball to softball size, mine wasnt quite that big luckily. Been a bad summer for the farm!

I feel for you brother! We have dodged the hail the last 2 storms by a few miles. Only a couple rounds of 80mph striaght line winds so far this summer. I hate summer!

Had 110mph winds two weeks ago that took down a lot of trees, then this week I was excited to find thousands and thousands of japanese beetles eating my oaks like crazy, then last night I had tons of large hail, some places around me got baseball to softball size, mine wasnt quite that big luckily. Been a bad summer for the farm!
I have some buddies in NE. You guys definitely deserve a break. We've had a quite a bit of hail down my way. Hail storm a couple weeks ago trashed my garden. Last year was a tornado heavy year for us. This year seems to be everything else...

I've seen pictures of what a real hail storm can do to corn fields. Absolutely amazing the amount of destruction. The "hail storms" we get here are marble sized at best.

Crazy part with the hail is one field looks "ok" then the field right next to it is shredded to pieces. To add to my summer just had a tree come down on the power line connecting to my house and ripped a big chunk of my new siding out along with the insolator that holds the wire in.... lol i give up

Back