How is Covid 19 affecting your livelihood?

I wash all my cash now...
That is strange but, I had to get something for supper tonight and stopped in at the local Bi-Lo Market. I was waiting in line at checkout and the lady in front of me paid cash. The change was just something like .30. She told the girl to keep the change as she had no idea how many other people had handled those coins. Good move? Paranoid? I can't help but wonder where this is going.

That is strange but, I had to get something for supper tonight and stopped in at the local Bi-Lo Market. I was waiting in line at checkout and the lady in front of me paid cash. The change was just something like .30. She told the girl to keep the change as she had no idea how many other people had handled those coins. Good move? Paranoid? I can't help but wonder where this is going.
My understanding is here in town they are trying to avoid giving change back...to the point you have to tell them you want your change back!

If I were that worried about it I would simply wear gloves. People are nuts !
Let’s talk about gloves...what touches the glove contaminates the glove. The only way to make those work is to throw it away every time you touch something because touching something with gloves and then touching your face with the same glove is just like not having gloves. I only get weird about touching 6 things...door handles, gas pumps, cash, public ink pens, touch screens, and those danged cylinders in the bank drive through... I use old Walmart sacks we have an abundance of when I pump fuel...right into the trash before I get in the truck...

Fortunate and blessed that our business is still going strong, albeit with everyone working from home. However...I now wear protective gloves when I'm out and about and if I can find one, prolly gonna wear a mask til this is over. Nothing has ever changed my personal hygiene habits like this has. I want nothing to do with it.

I thought that disposable gloves were made to be......disposable. o_O

Seriously, I have a routine when I have to go into a store. I don’t get close to anyone, I never touch my face before I get home, and when I get into my truck I immediately use the mechanics wet wipes to wipe my steering wheel, my gear shift, and my armrest. I then use hand sanitizer on my hands. Immediately after getting home I wash them with soap and water. I use gloves to pump gas, they never touch my face and they are washable.

I thought that disposable gloves were made to be......disposable. o_O

Seriously, I have a routine when I have to go into a store. I don’t get close to anyone, I never touch my face before I get home, and when I get into my truck I immediately use the mechanics wet wipes to wipe my steering wheel, my gear shift, and my armrest. I then use hand sanitizer on my hands. Immediately after getting home I wash them with soap and water. I use gloves to pump gas, they never touch my face and they are washable.
They are...I forgot to talk about hand sanitizer...I watched the bank teller through the window counting cash with rubber gloves touch his face 6 times while I was in the drive through. I see the folks at the drive through window at restaurants touching everything from my food to the cash to handles of everything with gloves...if you handle cash with gloves and then touch something else you just transferred anything that was on it...I would rather see everyone carry hand sanitizer in their pocket like I do. I use it MANY times a day right after I touch anything outside my truck that is in any public area. I use old Walmart sacks at gas pumps because they are free and I just toss it in the can right there...frees up rubber gloves for other folks...

Just think pre virus. All the things people touch and never bat an eye everyday. The key that was mentioned is not to touch your face. Skin is a great germ barrier but, it’s also a great germ holder. And people touch their face so much out of habit there’s just no way to change. You’re going to slip up at some point so that’s where the hand washing and sanitizer come in. A lot of places are now not even doing cash. Credit cards only so they’re not dealing with change. That is one big issue with the masks. If you wear one there’s a good chance your going to adjust and fiddle with it all the time. Touching your face about 10 times more than normal. Personally I’m skipping the mask and just staying away from other people. Golfed today and never got within 20ft of anybody no mask required.

Self quarantine has been a pet peeve of mine long before this covid 19. People have been terrible of running around or showing for work or school or day care when they obviously were sick w some cold or flu virus. Then complain that it needs to get cold to kill whatever bug is circulating. It’s circulating because people expose each other.
Money dirty yes but so was the CC machine or the pencil needed to sign or the door handle. And restaurants w waitresses touching food , cleaning tables , then refilling drinks iis cross contamination gone haywire. Always a complaint of mine
Anyone w even the most basic knowledge of microbiology has to put on blinders to function in the world. But the human body is built quite well and can fight a multitude of attacks if given the chance. Some bugs come of which we have no immunity to but the body typically learns quickly.
And now that world travel is so common w all, we will always be dealing w a new bug. And it pisses me off that they typically originate in China despite whatever name is given. Do the research.
But really, if one is going become paranoid about germs then they better be prepared to never have sex again. Now how many of you are scared. ???? Play safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use old Walmart sacks at gas pumps because they are free and I just toss it in the can right there...frees up rubber gloves for other folks...

Okie - Did the same thing Sunday morning on way home from farm. Stopped for fuel and used a plastic bag to access the pump. Gonna start saving those for just that reason.

Too wet to doze...nice day with lots of sun and wind to help dry the ground for tomorrow. Since I couldn’t use the dozer I decided to load the tractor up and take it to a property I fixed a bridge on last month for a guy. He told me he wanted his place brushhogged when I had an opening and today was it. He paid me and told me he had thought more about my dozer and told me he wants me to bring it this winter to clear a lot more of his place...I planted that seed when I was doing the bridge repair...
Tomorrow is back to dozing clearing trees on the property I have been on since last Wednesday. I should finish tomorrow and then I have a dozing job about a mile from my house and then next week I have a ditch clearing job. It’s still rolling in!

db958b6374606b4834ab0683bb75c182.jpg

18f1bbc984baf3b16f1943d22b7fa4be.jpg

Done and pay day! The root ball is a quadruple trunk elm tree. All the cleared ground n the photo was woods when I arrived and it also looked out of sight to my right. I have 3 days in clearing, smoothing, and leveling 5 acres...on to the next job in the morning! Cash is in the washing machine as I type this. Lol

Are you able to clear those big root balls with the dozer? No need for a trackhoe?

Are you able to clear those big root balls with the dozer? No need for a trackhoe?

Clear as in get it loose from the ground or knock the dirt out? I use the blade to get the dirt off and then roll the tree to the pile which gets more off...getting it out of the ground is just a push from the side...

Did a little 3.5 hour job today. Pad for a small building, cleared a garden spot out of the trees, fixed a drainage... I should have started doing this stuff years ago!

Had a small clearing job and gravel spread today for 2 different customers...still rolling right on along. Only snafu is a trailer tire gave it up on the final stretch of our flint rock road coming home.

Was hoping to launch the kayak with my youngsters this week. All beach/water access secured. This is on military property but absolutely ridiculous either way. How is my family going to spread the virus to others from a kayak?!

Was hoping to launch the kayak with my youngsters this week. All beach/water access secured. This is on military property but absolutely ridiculous either way. How is my family going to spread the virus to others from a kayak?!

And in related ridiculous news, Michigan has banned all forms of motorized boating.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Back