How is Covid 19 affecting your livelihood?

At some point our monetary system has to fail. You just can’t keep printing money. It’s happened to almost every other country in the world, so why not us ?

My former business partner worked in Brazil for a couple years for a US based company. He said everyone woke up one morning and the government had moved the decimal place (on money) two places TO THE LEFT ! Think about that a minute. Your $100 bill was immediately worth $1. He and some other guys played poker every Friday night, he said he carried his money in a suitcase. They played with cruseros, not dollars, because that was the currency they used in country, even though they were payed in US dollars.

I hope this is not that, but it very well could be if it goes on long enough. Meanwhile, I’m keepin’ on keepin’ on as they say. Everyone stay safe !

I agree. At some point our fiat money system will likely fail or at least be drastically devalued. Also hoping this isn’t it!

The only thing I know that’s value climbs inversely to the dollar are precious medals.

I just read this opinion piece today.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...ronavirus-alone-didn-t-cause-the-market-crash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My wife and I are 50. We've both worked every day we wanted since college, and then some. I helped my wife file for unemployment last week, a first for either of us. I'll be working through it all.

Sorry to hear that. Hard times ahead for us but we’re a resilient nation, we’ll get through it together.

I am riding the dozer...busy, busy!!! Got them stacked out a ways right now if this weather cooperates...which it looks like it’s not gonna do :(

lotsa rain in the forecast and I have almost been stuck many times already today!

We're 1200 employees scattered across 30+ offices across the country and by the grace of God...still swinging every day. We are all in WFH environment into our 2nd week. I'm pleasantly surprised at how productive it has been compared to what I thought it would be. My heart goes out to the millions that are being impacted by this horrific event. So many friends that own successful small businesses that are just dying right now due to no fault of their own.

We gotta keep spreading a message of hope instead of fear and despair. We will overcome and then we'll regroup and figure it out.

We're 1200 employees scattered across 30+ offices across the country and by the grace of God...still swinging every day. We are all in WFH environment into our 2nd week. I'm pleasantly surprised at how productive it has been compared to what I thought it would be. My heart goes out to the millions that are being impacted by this horrific event. So many friends that own successful small businesses that are just dying right now due to no fault of their own.

We gotta keep spreading a message of hope instead of fear and despair. We will overcome and then we'll regroup and figure it out.

I agree. Lots of folks are impacted but small businesses are hit especially hard. I remember back to when I was in the construction business and 1.5 million in debt. Something like this virus coupled with the oil and gas prices of today would have stomped me. It was hard enough to weather energy fluctuations without a pandemic that scares the hell out of everyone. I hope and pray for those in need.

I'm not complaining. We are in a good spot financially -- no debt, with money back for emergencies. I feel for those who are use to living check-to-check, or single wage earner families that are without full income.

Unfortunately that check-to-check demographic is huge. I heard a statistic last week that 78% of our country lives check to check. That’s alarming, especially when you consider how common and acceptable certain debt is (mortgage, car, credit card).

Our nation would be so much better off if more were prepared like you are.

I believe there'd be ways to open more businesses while limiting exposure, but the stay at home orders are very necessary because if we could get the bell curve to peak a lot of things would quickly get better.

What I have been doing the last couple days...everything you see cleared looked like the trees in front of my dozer a couple days ago...the 2 big trees left in the photo have to come down too but I am going to have to pull them down with a big cable...these 2 trees are gigantic. The one closest in the photo 2 people holding hands can’t reach around it...that’s what I have been doing through all of this...
5b15dbc9fe3aed538375307e1d5f1ce6.jpg

79d93e1de2f858e8ae3df9a67b19f0dd.jpg

4e921a359aa319906ea1dd485eb02a02.jpg

What I have been doing the last couple days...everything you see cleared looked like the trees in front of my dozer a couple days ago...the 2 big trees left in the photo have to come down too but I am going to have to pull them down with a big cable...these 2 trees are gigantic. The one closest in the photo 2 people holding hands can’t reach around it...that’s what I have been doing through all of this...
5b15dbc9fe3aed538375307e1d5f1ce6.jpg

79d93e1de2f858e8ae3df9a67b19f0dd.jpg

4e921a359aa319906ea1dd485eb02a02.jpg

Looks like you have been busy. Some teenage monkey is going to have to climb up that tree to fasten your cable.

Looks like you have been busy. Some teenage monkey is going to have to climb up that tree to fasten your cable.
I will be the climber...I am still a great tree climber at 55...have to borrow the big cable from my other friend who does this commercially. Those 2 trees would make a lot of firewood!

It’s a mud hole out there right now...I went over to this job site with my tractor and spread gravel for them for about 3 hours...circle drive, long drive, and building pad. Much too wet to use the bulldozer right now. Maybe by Tuesday if the sun ever comes back out...

Started to work from home now and it really is tough because my whole family is around and I just can't focus. That's the main problem for me I would say

My biggest issue is that I am my families worst nightmare. I am still working, they have been secluded for 3 weeks now. I am putting my family at risk every time I leave for work. I "think" I am taking all of the necessary precautions while I am away but who really knows. I go to work and straight home 4 of the 5 days. Go to the store, get gas, and to the dump once a week. I am getting dressed / undressed in the garage and walk straight to the shower when I get home, work clothes stay in the garage and all products are wiped down before entering the home but is that enough???? I am putting my family at risk by going to work. This weighs on my mind all day long!!!!!

Strut

Started to work from home now and it really is tough because my whole family is around and I just can't focus. That's the main problem for me I would say
Hi Greg. Welcome to the forum. I suggest you lock yourself in a room with a window where you can watch out and see deer in the neighbors fields. That way when you are distracted you can lean back and relax and let your stress levels go down.

Both those big trees hit the ground this morning...couldn’t get the GoPro to work...
d142119a8bbcaadbf488004f101af764.jpg

88b941331c0fa9261c0b37f811183727.jpg

Other customer paid me for spreading some gravel last Saturday...

0be48509521f5c6b080233a6258f47a1.jpg

Picked up another job today so sitting at 5 waiting on me to get done right now. I had to cut that tree in a few spots to move it. My chainsaw only has an 18” bar and even cutting all the way around I still had to break the tree. The stump on this one split into 3 sections and each one was a load for my dozer...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Both those big trees hit the ground this morning...couldn’t get the GoPro to work...
d142119a8bbcaadbf488004f101af764.jpg

88b941331c0fa9261c0b37f811183727.jpg

Other customer paid me for spreading some gravel last Saturday...

0be48509521f5c6b080233a6258f47a1.jpg

Picked up another job today so sitting at 5 waiting on me to get done right now. I had to cut that tree in a few spots to move it. My chainsaw only has an 18” bar and even cutting all the way around I still had to break the tree. The stump on this one split into 3 sections and each one was a load for my dozer...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Money laundering?

Back