House and Habitat build thread:

Heck yeah. Found my biggest ever this year. I have set a goal of finding an 80” shed. I almost did it this year. 79+” 5 point shed. Sooooooo close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang, that's huge! Probably a 180 inch buck? Post a pic of it...

Great to see this thread alive and well again! Great pics Cat!! It's nice to see some pics from you on a forum I don't have to constantly defend my Jayhawks...:D

Great to see this thread alive and well again! Great pics Cat!! It's nice to see some pics from you on a forum I don't have to constantly defend my Jayhawks...:D
You do catch hell on that other site! I know at least one of them personally, he doesn't give a crap really but enjoys talking trash on someone that dishes it back. I don't post pics on that site too much. Don't particularly want to draw attention to my place from locals.

Not being able to post pics had me off this forum for a long time. I'll see if I can get back on track on a regular basis.

Here it is next to a very respectable 71” shed. The buck from my post. Broke off a G5. Just shy of a 27” beam.
bfddb9f9e882827f930e2354eef274a6.jpg

Great updates cat! I been absent awhile as well as I couldn't access site on my laptop. Glad to see things back up and running. Nice haul for a fine fish fry!

Love to catch and eat fish! I like pond habitat as much as I like deer habitat. Plans to make another doc and add more habitat around it, just have to get off my lazy azz and do it.

I bought them off a guy that needed some cash. Easy enough to make. They sit on top the kitchen cabinets. My wife made a couple jumbos to hold a couple of my biggest elk sheds too.

^^^^
Love that! Just watched a YouTube vid a couple of nights ago of a family somewhere in the bowels of the Appalachian mountains in TN that still butchers their own pork. Very interesting vid as it went from euthanizing the porker to scraping the intestines for stuffing sausage.

Awesome! Looks like a water trough, a couple t post, and a grate..is that about the gist of the equipment?
That's exactly what he put together. Basically made a trip to the dump and came up back with what he thought would work. Butchered the pig one evening then got up at 4am the next morning to start the fire. Let it sit over wood/coals that he cut all day, and ate that afternoon.

I haven't been able to find any big sheds this year,and now the ticks are out in droves.Pig looks great.We used to dig a hole and put a buch of old hedge post in and wrap a pig in foil and wet gunny sacks and drop in hole.Don;t remember all how it went but these were 300lb hogs.I am getting alot of deer pics at water also.

Back