Grunt call recommendation

cutman

Administrator
Staff member
Looking for a basic, simple grunt call. Would prefer wood over plastic. Any recommendations? I'd even be up for a nice hand made one if available.

http://www.vectorcalls.com/

You won't be sorry! I grunted in and killed both my 2014 bucks, and my 2015 buck with one. A 144" 8, and 2 over 150". It is an unbelievable call, it doesn't compare to store calls, you can tell the difference the first time you blow it. I bought myself a second one, and both of my hunting buddies one.

Last edited:
Doc, I saw this on Growing Deer when Grant 1st introduced it. How is the vocalization compared to some other calls?? I'm considering buying this one..
It has a doe bleat, young buck and "mature" buck. The mature buck isn't as deep as other grunt calls I have and I like it. It doesn't take a lot of air to blow it, but you can hammer down on it for volume if you want. It has a weight on the end of the reed so it won't lock up and squeak if you blow it hard. I haven't used it yet, but just playing around with it,I think it is one of the best grunt calls I have bought.

It has a doe bleat, young buck and "mature" buck. The mature buck isn't as deep as other grunt calls I have and I like it. It doesn't take a lot of air to blow it, but you can hammer down on it for volume if you want. It has a weight on the end of the reed so it won't lock up and squeak if you blow it hard. I haven't used it yet, but just playing around with it,I think it is one of the best grunt calls I have bought.

Right. In watching Grant & the designer demo it, they talked about trying to be more realistic & shoot for a younger, less threatening sounding grunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You won't be sorry! I grunted in and killed both my 2014 bucks, and my 2015 buck with one. A 144" 8, and 2 over 150". It is an unbelievable call, it doesn't compare to store calls, you can tell the difference the first time you blow it. I bought myself a second one, and both of my hunting buddies one. Order early, he is a Conservation Officer and doesn't do it full-time...
Here are some of Vince Crawford's pics
V__4F96.jpg V__3C0A.jpg

I'm going to get the green brown and blue on the right for $55

You won't be sorry. I quickly bought a second one after hearing it because I know how I lose stuff like that. When I did, I got one for each of my hunting buddies. Vince will personalize them before varnish, if he is building it for you. Great guy, makes a heck of a pot turkey call too.

I've got the one all the way on the left end, and the third one from the left in the first pic.

Vince Crawford is a man of his word, got my new Vector grunt call today, ten days after I ordered it. He texted me when he got my check, texted me when he started making it, and texted me when he shipped it. A pleasurable experience doing business with him. And this wooden call has a great sounding tone you will never get from plastic. Calls are like like bows, sometimes you just need a new one, if you missed this year you really need to order one next year.
WP_20171014_19_12_03_Pro (2).jpg
Only problem is he made it so recently it smells like fresh varnish.

I knew you would be happy with it, I've never heard anyone complain. Nor have I heard of anyone wanting to use anything else after having one. Great craftsmanship. I need to order his slate turkey call, I hear they are unbelievable too.

c3f3e7e1d2bc1305fc7a40907872b496.jpg
mine arrived also. Gave 2 away and kept this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Glad I saw this thread I been wanting a new grunt call for a while. Tired of the rubber/plastic ones never found one I liked been using a primos hardwoods grunter but it freezes up a lot. Came across this thread and contacted Vince he said all he had right now were the camo colored ones I went ahead and ordered one.

Last edited:
Back