Grunt call recommendation

I did indeed. And I sent Vince the pics/story just now. Very happy with call...it sounds so much better than the store bought grunt calls.
Talk about a thread coming full circle, starting out with a guy looking for input on a good grunt tube, to his success story getting a trophy while using said equipment. You should post a picture and the story on this thread.

I had NO idea all you guys were coming from the same place!! Cutman invited me to the page, so here I am and I am going to plan on jumping in with both feet!

Thanks to Cutman for asking the question and swat for jumping in!

I have been making turkey pot calls since 2002, and buck grunts since 2006. I turn a little bit of everything now, but those keep me plenty busy. My normal wait time is usually about 3 months after I get someone put on my to-do list. As several of you found out though, I try to get in the shop more often in August and September. I usually do not do any order filling in April, May, and November due to getting my family and friends out hunting and fishing.

The pre rut is just starting in the midwest, so I am looking forward to the results of the next month or so. Its always a lot of fun! I enjoy all the stories, especially the almosts'!

Thanks again gents! I am looking to help everyone out where I can, especially with blood tracking, deer anatomy, getting youth in the field, blind setups for youth, and calling techniques.

Vector

I had NO idea all you guys were coming from the same place!! Cutman invited me to the page, so here I am and I am going to plan on jumping in with both feet!

Thanks to Cutman for asking the question and swat for jumping in!

I have been making turkey pot calls since 2002, and buck grunts since 2006. I turn a little bit of everything now, but those keep me plenty busy. My normal wait time is usually about 3 months after I get someone put on my to-do list. As several of you found out though, I try to get in the shop more often in August and September. I usually do not do any order filling in April, May, and November due to getting my family and friends out hunting and fishing.

The pre rut is just starting in the midwest, so I am looking forward to the results of the next month or so. Its always a lot of fun! I enjoy all the stories, especially the almosts'!

Thanks again gents! I am looking to help everyone out where I can, especially with blood tracking, deer anatomy, getting youth in the field, blind setups for youth, and calling techniques.

Vector
Welcome to the forum! P.S. I'm Allen S. that just got a grunt call from you.

You guys are too kind! I just figured out a way to take my love for the outdoors and wood working and mix them together!

My grandfather and uncle, both now passed, worked together on a hobby sawmill in the late 80's cutting lumber from trees they harvested. I have been working on that wood pile since 2002, and it has become mine to move to my home this winter. I am looking forward to working on larger projects from it and seeing what else I can bring to life from their hard work.

I hope many of my calls last longer than I do. I just imagine the one day a hunter looks down at one of my calls over his harvest when I am dead and gone, and appreciates he had that caller with him that hunt to make things come together.

The preacher at my grandfather's funeral this past spring shared a carving he had made for her with the gathering there. It was quite the moment. Very much a conversation about: "I made this. For you."

Back