Got my planter in today

I got one last year. Wish I could use it more than one weekend a year! I love it.

Very nice planter, good luck with getting some seed in the ground. I also have some acres you could plant to extend your use past a weekend Cutman. :)

The plan was to just get a drill this year and while I was waiting for it to get built, I asked the wrong question. "What kinda deal can I get if I buy both". The drill was an effort in stepping up my game this year in planting 6 different plots on my lease totaling about 12 acres. I haven't made up my mind if I'll plant or drill beans yet, planter came with corn fingers.

It doesn't take long at all. Not counting field prep, it takes 30-40 minutes per acre.

I got the same planter last year but added on row cleaners and heavy duty springs so I could no till plant my corn. I spray in early March then will plant 2-3 weeks later.

Once I got the hang of it last year (fertilizer box took me a long time to calibrate), it was a piece of cake.

Wow. I like the one pass with the fert. I do corn with my no till and it doesn't drop the seeds evenly.

I am adding this to my wish list. Fun unit to have.

I got mine in from Ryan at RDH Outdoors last weekend. Can't wait to put it to work here in a couple of months!

Ryan was awesome to work with, very helpful for someone like myself who isn't as familiar with this type of equipment. Start to finish the process took about a month from first order to taking delivery.

Buck268 - what are the details on the drill he is building you? That might be something I look into in the next year or two.

It doesn't take long at all. Not counting field prep, it takes 30-40 minutes per acre.

I got the same planter last year but added on row cleaners and heavy duty springs so I could no till plant my corn. I spray in early March then will plant 2-3 weeks later.

Once I got the hang of it last year (fertilizer box took me a long time to calibrate), it was a piece of cake.
Would you mind sharing your settings for your fertilizer box? may save me some of your troubles...

I got mine in from Ryan at RDH Outdoors last weekend. Can't wait to put it to work here in a couple of months!

Ryan was awesome to work with, very helpful for someone like myself who isn't as familiar with this type of equipment. Start to finish the process took about a month from first order to taking delivery.

Buck268 - what are the details on the drill he is building you? That might be something I look into in the next year or two.
Don't have to many details, I believe it will be a Great Plains model 6 ft with small seed box. I didn't do the no-till due to the extra cost and wasn't sure with only 1000 lbs it would do a good job with no-till anyway. Now as for the planter, I plan on putting no-till on it down the road that thing is heavy.

could you post any pictures of your row cleaners?

Would you mind sharing your settings for your fertilizer box? may save me some of your troubles...

fb233453937ee940629982b4d0a7eb19.jpg

Make sure you pay attention to the Driver and Driven sprockets. I had them backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Mine has the medium auger (regular), so I assume you're does too, but better check with Ryan.

You can sort of see my row cleaners here:

6d4bc905922db9b16561c4e4788160b4.jpg

I should add that they are Martin row cleaners. I ordered them from Martin and had them shipped directly to Ryan to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Last edited:
Back