Geo in Co

That's not a typical breakfast for me but still looks pretty darn yummy!

So happy to see you starting a Colorado Tour Thread.

todd

Now, I know you caught the fish but did you grow the strawberries and lettuce too? Good to see Geo in Co on the new forum.

Nice trout. My wife and I are spending a week in Pagosa in September. I fish the San Juan below Navajo Dam. One of my favorite places to fly fish.

Geo...Couldn't think of a better place to start than that breakfast pic. One of the biggest issues with folks moving to Colorado is they develop a taste for healthy food. Just saying... Glad you're here.

Geo's hunting spot (1200 x 726).jpg

Deer Patch, bigmike, Hi. Ok that takes care of my unfinished business from that other, what ever.

Hey guys. Above is our new hunting spot. Steve wants to see aerials. Below is muley buck toad country above timber line. The drainage is where we like to hang.

fishing hole (1200 x 726).jpg

Calmer conditions have boosted Brother Hanks confidence to be a river dog like his pal Ollie.

7 16 co 202 (1200 x 900).jpg

7 16 co 203 (1200 x 900).jpg

7 16 co 211 (1200 x 900).jpg

7 16 co 213 (1200 x 900).jpg

7 16 co 215 (1200 x 900).jpg

I'm facing some harsh food plotting conditions here it could be a strict paleo diet for me, we'll see. it's also a 90 day growing season here.

7 16 co 225 (1200 x 900).jpg

G

My avatar photo goes back before the beginning, mid 80's, 35mm film.

elk (1200 x 835).jpg

The firehole canyon was on fire just over the hill top circa 88.

young elk (1200 x 800).jpg

I was curious about this area and the little reservoirs before I got here on google earth. My neighbor confirmed that elk are active on the wallows during bow season. I will get some cameras up just as soon as I buy a couple.

6 16 co 334 (1200 x 900).jpg

6 16 co 337 (1200 x 900).jpg

Colorado requires a hunter safety certificate and Michigan didn't file record of mine. They allow people 50 or older the chance to test out so I paid up $25 and took the test. 50 questions, 1/2 hour, no do overs, multiple choice is not my strong suit. I had some test anxiety and panic during. I scored above the required 90% but it wasn't a gimme. OTC elk any sex licenses go on sale Tuesday.

G

The bull elk picture tells me why you will be happy in Colorado. That is a top notch avatar. :rolleyes:

Glad you are here putting these up. Great country and I always like following your journey whether it be in CO or that other place. Enjoy.

I just got the someone posted alert, this site has all of the bells and whistles, Doug.

G

That terrain looks like it could hide many a game. I would enjoy hunting elk the most when a person could call to them like during turkey season. So what's your game plan if you have thought that far out. You picked a beautiful place to move to and the pooch is looking good. As you know I have always liked pits. BTW the alerts were annoying to me until I got them where I wouldn't receive them anymore.

That terrain looks like it could hide many a game. I would enjoy hunting elk the most when a person could call to them like during turkey season. So what's your game plan if you have thought that far out. You picked a beautiful place to move to and the pooch is looking good. As you know I have always liked pits. BTW the alerts were annoying to me until I got them where I wouldn't receive them anymore.

That one is a helpful alert. I could opt out of all of the e=mails however.

Were you a dog man?

G

I opted out of all the emails myself. Just isn't my thing I guess.

Yep. I have had several different breeds including rots and pits but enjoyed the pits the most. May seem and odd mix but the smartest dog I ever owned was a pit/border collie mix. Was a great cattle dog with no fear. When a bull would go into the pond to not be herded you could send the dog in and he would jump into the pond and swim the bull out and take him wherever we wanted him to go. I haven't had a dog in quite awhile now though.

Great to see you starting a thread, G. This site is only a week old and i am behind in my reading here already.
The trout pool gave me chills. I cant imagine calling a place like that home.
Hmmmmm, was that a copy of deer and deer hunting under the breakfast table?

Back