Fertilizer?

Lphc

How much should I apply to 1/4 acre foodplot it consist of brassica,purpletop turnips,ground hog radish and rape thanks I'm new to this foodplot stuff so all info is appreciated!!!

Ph that low is going to make a lot of the nutrients unavailable. Normally with a brassica planting 100# of urea per acre is plenty. I still think 50# of urea would be fine.

Ph that low is going to make a lot of the nutrients unavailable. Normally with a brassica planting 100# of urea per acre is plenty. I still think 50# of urea would be fine.
Thanks should I have planted something different that would help my soil for next time?

Here is my soil test results

Attachments

• 202553.pdf
    180.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is the part of your soil test that explains how much fertilizer you need:

image.png
You need 100 lb per acre of Nitrogen, 60 of phosphate, and 160 of potassium. That works out to 20 lb of N, 12 lb of P, and 32 lb of K for your .2 acre plot.

Thanks how do I go about getting that I've seen triple 12 and triple 19 but not sure what that stuff means sorry total rookie here

The numbers on a fertilizer bag tell you the percentage of N-P-K.

10-10-10 means 10% of each element, so for a 50 lb bag you are getting 5 lb of actual Nitrogen, P, and K.

If you take this info to your co-op and tell them what you need, they will point you in the right direction. It doesn't have to exactly right. As a novice, you should make friends with your local dealers (seed, fertilizer, chemical, etc). They are usually great people and very helpful.

The numbers on a fertilizer bag tell you the percentage of N-P-K.

10-10-10 means 10% of each element, so for a 50 lb bag you are getting 5 lb of actual Nitrogen, P, and K.

If you take this info to your co-op and tell them what you need, they will point you in the right direction. It doesn't have to exactly right. As a novice, you should make friends with your local dealers (seed, fertilizer, chemical, etc). They are usually great people and very helpful.
Thank you!!!! I will

The most important info in your soil test report is the ... "Limestone: 6.3 Ton/A". As mentioned above ... this is your top priority.... in order to get any real benefit from fertilizer applications. ;)

Last edited:
Ten bags of pell lime and a 5 gallon bucket of urea if you can work it all in. Otherwise 2 buckets of ammonium sulfate and 10 bags of pell lime. Spread a 50lb bag of feed oats with it if you can get some.

Back