EHD?

KSQ2

I'm hearing a lot of talk from people around the country about having a very wet spring, followed by a very dry summer. I recently learned from a retired, local wildlife biologist that those are the prime conditions for ehd outbreaks. I certainly hope none of us have to deal with that this fall! We've managed to stay reasonably wet here in SE Kansas to this point. Are any of you hearing any bad news in your neck of the woods?

We have CWD in PA, but not many outbreaks of EHD, it seems to follow slightly warmer climates than we have, like MD and MO. Our biologists tell us CWD is not connected to deer farms, but our cases seem to all be in the proximity of infected pen deer and they keep making the control area larger as it spreads through the pen deer, not too many wild cases.

There was a case of CWD in SE Kansas recently, it was from a deer farm. I think they are supposed to eradicate the herd, but I’m not sure of the details.

In my part of Kansas we are still ahead in rain.Usually we see EHD around middle Aug into Sept.I have seen some info where other states have been hammered last couple years

Back