Does your wife roll her eyes or call you crazy

Chainsaw I think you may have a problem. Holy Rednecks!
I have lots of problems but Rednecks aren't one of them anymore. I like that though; HOLY REDNECKS! Three years ago I wanted to buy a magnum and asked my wife what she thought about that being as it was a substantial purchase. She looked at their website and immediately came back with "get two so we will each have one". That worked out beautiful the first hunting season until my son David and my life long friend Roger came up hunting for their usual ten day hunt. The first day was sunny and warm and they thought the blinds were nice but they really liked hunting out in the elements. I knew exactly how they felt as I always had said that I didn't think I would want to hunt out of a blind years ago; The very next day a cold front with heavy winds and rains and wet snow moved in. The first day they roughed it while my wife and I turned on the heaters in the blind, the second day and the third day we had company in our Redneck blinds It soon became obvious that having only two Rednecks was not enough.

So My wife and I discussed it and decided to take one of the timber sale checks and purchase three more; I mentioned it to Roger and he said put me down for two, I'll send you a check tomorrow. So it was that simple, we now have enough for the four of us to be comfortable for hunting on the bad weather days. It doesn't mean we won't sometimes sit double in one blind but with the five new predator blinds, the two original magnum blinds and the three soft side blinds we now will have the option to not only each have a blind available for bad weather days but also to rotate which one we sit in as desired so as not to burn out any of the blinds. The deer here are used to bad weather days and move anyways bad weather or not; previously we would go hunting even on the really bad weather days but none of us lasted very long on stand. Now we probably stay longer on the bad weather days in the Rednecks than we do on good weather days outside. We put a heater, a blanket, a great office chair, ear protectors, binoculars and even snacks in each one at the beginning of the season and it is just hunting heaven from there.

Blizzard, is that the problem(not enough Rednecks) you were referring to?

Chainsaw gave me an idea! I have a timber check coming myself!
And if you have a business plan to create and sell a deer hunting property money spent along the way towards that planned objective is deductible.

I would like to share with everyone that I did enthusiastically agree with my wife that a hot tub was a wonderful idea, that a thousand plus sq, ft sun room with floor to ceiling sliding glass doors would be nice and that a couple of high end gas fireplaces in the sun room would add nicely to the ambiance of the sun room, and a nice chandelier was an excellent addition, that I would build a curving breakfast bar and cabinets made from our maple trees, and that I would really enjoy landscaping the yard out front to create a great garden effect visible from the new sun room and on and on and on.

Basically they have their wants and we have ours. Recognizing, respecting and pursuing each others crazy wants makes life very, very great for both if us.

Last edited:
Chainsaw a man can just not have enough deer blinds. I wish I could afford that many to start spreading over my properties. You have a very good problem. I think my wife would do more than roll her eyes if I had a flatbed tractor trailer show up and start unloading deer stands lol. The day will come soon enough so we will be testing those waters at my house too.

I am in the boot-heel region of MO right now and as I was driving I saw some trees with white flowers on them and I started thinking "I wonder what those are".......I almost stopped to look......then I heard my wife's eye's roll all the way back in IN!!!!:D

Not married but my parents think i'm nuts. They say all you do is cut one tree down and plant another over and over lol

I never thought of it that way. We ARE nuts!!!

Early on in this game my wife innocently asked why I needed another treestand or tree or whatever. I made the comparison to her "needing" another pair of shoes. She hasn't asked silly questions like that in years. And to be totally fair, I do mean innocently asking. That woman is a saint and gives me very little grief about anything. Consequently, it's a two way street. 19 years of happy marriage, must be doing something right.

Surprisingly there was no eye roll from wife Anne when this delivery pulled into the yard. I guess when I told her just the ones on the trailer were for us and not the one on the truck she was relieved.
View attachment 6172

But I did sense a half of an eye roll when The Staples trucks pulled in and left off these shown in the next picture.

View attachment 6173
Anne probably had thought she would be putting them together like she had the first bunch because when I told her I had help coming for that she was happy.

Chainsaw I am absolutely cracking up right now! I can't wait to show my wife this :p:p:p

My wife has given up asking about any "habitat deliveries" to the house. While she doesn't ask she does take inventory. I learned real quick to not ask about any of her purchases. If she had any idea what I spend on this stuff I would be seeing a lot more ups boxes containing candles, soap, shoes, clothes, and what ever else is the big sale at Bed Bath and Beyond this week.

My wife used to get "that look" when talking about spending money on trees, deer, equipment, etc. but now she seems to enjoy hearing about it. She's seen how hard I work at improving everything on the farm; from fencing, planting, cutting junk trees and spraying for invasive weeds. Plus, she understands that it's like a therapy for me and the harder I work, the happier I am. Heck, last year she even helped plant 300 "sticks"-LOL

I also know that if a truck showed up with a bunch of Redneck blinds like Chainsaw, you guys would never see another post from me ;)

I know I have a real problem now. With all these trees hitting the walmarts and farm stores I was in an Atwoods tonight and even though I knew I was going to try to not buy any,I checked to see if the roots were damp and the trees were being taken care of.At least they were inside.I did go talk to the cashier and let her know they were dry and needed watered.I wonder could I be a nonprofit if I started a tree rescue?I am fighting the urge to go back and buy some pecans since I only have a few on the farm.I may have to find a tree buddy to talk me out of it since my wife is in Cancun getting even on my habitat $$

Surprisingly there was no eye roll from wife Anne when this delivery pulled into the yard. I guess when I told her just the ones on the trailer were for us and not the one on the truck she was relieved.
View attachment 6172

But I did sense a half of an eye roll when The Staples trucks pulled in and left off these shown in the next picture.

View attachment 6173
Anne probably had thought she would be putting them together like she had the first bunch because when I told her I had help coming for that she was happy.

Chainsaw, I actually had to look at that post and count 3 times to see if I was crazy or not. I'm not sure how some of you guys have time to take a piss with all the work you get done. Just when I think I'm productive, I see a post like this. Congrats, and if you have any hand me downs, keep me in mind.

Chainsaw, I actually had to look at that post and count 3 times to see if I was crazy or not. I'm not sure how some of you guys have time to take a piss with all the work you get done. Just when I think I'm productive, I see a post like this. Congrats, and if you have any hand me downs, keep me in mind.
Thank you Dogghr but you are a SUPER productive land manager. Compared to you, Okie, Native, Chummer, Lak, and so many others I feel like a non-deplorable work wise. I was fortunate to have had a dad as many of you had that taught me the value of giving every project 150%. I have passed that learning onto my son and it is the thing I am most proudest about that I am or have ever done.

Stopped at my parents, had the back of my truck loaded with trees I picked up at lowes today. Dad says "what'd those cost, you paid what?!" lol then I hear "the tops crooked" followed by " i thought you just cut a bunch of trees down, now your buying more trees?" ha

I went and hinge cut a bunch of elms today and caged the last 10 fruit trees just so I wouldn't have time to go buy some pecans to plant

Chainsaw, we have a lot in common. Here was my redneck day. Love the crossovers as well

I took my one and put it on a trailer. Works great. The 10'ers are easy to move around with the tractor.
IMG_6742.JPG IMG_6745.JPG IMG_6744.JPG

You really had a Redneck Christmas present for yourself there! That is a very large delivery. It's pretty slick Bull that your tractor can lift up a Redneck on a ten ft. stand. We have to pull ours up with the winch on the side by side. They pull up easy but it takes quite a bit of space opened up to lay it down and then lift it into position.

I like the trailer setup. Having one on the trailer is an excellent move to test spots out or just to get into position for one that is showing up. We haven't done that yet but it is on the list of things to do.

We had some nasty weather this week Chainsaw. 2-3 days with 40mph winds. I've got trees down all over. Trails are blocked, can't access the property right now except on foot. It will be a great test on these stands - especially my 15'er. It will take a few weeks to assess all the property. I'm sure my deer fence got damaged too.

IMG_6785.JPG Well we toured the farm today

Extensive trees down

All rednecks are still standing and undamaged - thankfully

My 5 acre deer fence - we lost 2 sides. It will need to be redone.

On a side note the deer ate all my soybeans and 5 acres of corn. No left overs this year

Only stand I know was damaged was above

Back