Deer Creek Seed - Shipped Free

BoneCrusher20

Thought i would share something with my comrads on here....In WI I've always gotten my seed from place called Deer Creek Seed 3 hrs away from me, i make trip twice a year once in spring and once in July. I was on their website few days ago getting my shopping list together and noticed they offer free shipping when you purchase 25 lbs. Looks like they ship anywhere in country. I've always liked ordering from them as i get what i feel has been good seed and they have a plethora of different seeds you might not find at local seed bank to create my own cocktail out of and some interesting mixtures you can order as well.
https://www.deercreekseed.com/

Reactions: Jon
Someone else on here (maybe you) recommended Deer Creek on a thread I read last year. Supposedly they're a pretty good place to purchase from & have good seeds. I'm in the market for trying another type of clover or two, what do you like best out of what you've tried?

Their prices aren't great. I see why the shipping is free. I ordered 20 lbs of clover and vetch from Green cover seed, for about $90 shipped. About $17 was shopping cost.

Reactions: Jon
Their prices aren't great. I see why the shipping is free. I ordered 20 lbs of clover and vetch from Green cover seed, for about $90 shipped. About $17 was shopping cost.

I’m using green seed for some of my mixes as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not cheap, but the service is great. Their website is good. Last year, I made a mistake and placed two orders instead of one. It was my fault. They figured it out on their own, combined the orders, which made it qualify for the free shipping. I'm willing to pay a few dollars extra for good service.

probably depends location and what type seed ordering, you are likely getting better shipping rates if you are closer...was going to order 50 lbs of rye from green cover shipping was $70 + $11 seed vs deer creek $15 seed + no shipping fee

But at least want to bring it to table for everyone....prices in general are for sure just hair more per pound than Green Cover, but sometimes shipping can make up for that difference product dependent.

Someone else on here (maybe you) recommended Deer Creek on a thread I read last year. Supposedly they're a pretty good place to purchase from & have good seeds. I'm in the market for trying another type of clover or two, what do you like best out of what you've tried?
nope wasn't me, i will say i ordered yesterday about the time i posted this and was on my doorstep this morning. Seed has always been pretty clean for me as well. Seem to be pretty decent outfit. my favorite mxiture straight from them is succotash and brassica blend (mixed w/ my own rye) for clover i go with perennial plus and typically frost seed in additonal ladino.

probably depends location and what type seed ordering, you are likely getting better shipping rates if you are closer...was going to order 50 lbs of rye from green cover shipping was $70 + $11 seed vs deer creek $15 seed + no shipping fee

But at least want to bring it to table for everyone....prices in general are for sure just hair more per pound than Green Cover, but sometimes shipping can make up for that difference product dependent.
Yup. As always, shop around. But no one should really be shipping 50 lbs bags of rye. I live in a metro area, and I can find most cereal grains locally. Worst case, they can be found within an hour or so.

For a small amount of seeds that you don’t find locally, I don’t worry too much about prices. I know every little bit adds on, but compared to the rest of the money I spend on hunting, it’s a pittance. Gotta keep your perspective !

Deer creek isn’t too far from my place. I’ve done their free shipping twice this year. Their prices aren’t great but they have a nice variety. I thought the free shipping was 20lbs of 5lb or 25 lb bag varieties. Or at least it was when I ordered earlier. 50 lb bags were excluded. Maybe that’s changed. I last ordered from Welter. They have the best prices, imo, and will pay half shipping on 50 lbs of small seeds.

Both are on my door step in a day or two. Both great service in my experience.

Back