can you identify an apple

Nebraskaz71

Found this on a single apple tree at my cousins, older tree he has no clue what it is. It's self fertile, japanese beetles didnt seem to attack it and it has a great shape. 15ftx15 roughly with lots of these large dark red apples, they have had zero care and actually taste really good too.aspole.jpg

Awesome! Only question i have is that says its not self fertile and this is the only apple tree on his farm with no neighbors or anything other than cottonwoods for a mile or two atleast. I feel like I need one haha

Awesome! Only question i have is that says its not self fertile and this is the only apple tree on his farm with no neighbors or anything other than cottonwoods for a mile or two atleast. I feel like I need one haha

Keep in mind that honeybees have been documented traveling 7 miles. Also keep in mind that there may be an apple or crabapple around that you don't know about.

To be honest, I can't say for sure if that is your apple. There are so many that look very much alike. But, I have a hunch it is - based on appearance, ripening time and how popular they were as a cultivar to plant.

However, if you want to know for sure, for only $345 you can get it checked out: http://fps.ucdavis.edu/dnamain.cfm

Last edited:
Back