Broadcast corn and soybeans

Jordan scheetz

Gonna be doing two different plots with corn on one and beans on another. Gonna be broadcasting with my earthway shoulder spreading. Does anyone any insight on what gate setting to use for each of these seeds? Thanks!

Too many variables such as cranking speed walking speed and specific seed size. I’d start my analyzing how many seeds per square foot then try to match it. Until you get the hang of it, I find it’s easiest to plan on at least 2 passes so you don’t overseed. FYI, I broadcast 7-9 acres of corn and or bean most years. Using a PTO driven spreader, mistakes get costly in a hurry. How big are your plots?

Too many variables such as cranking speed walking speed and specific seed size. I’d start my analyzing how many seeds per square foot then try to match it. Until you get the hang of it, I find it’s easiest to plan on at least 2 passes so you don’t overseed. FYI, I broadcast 7-9 acres of corn and or bean most years. Using a PTO driven spreader, mistakes get costly in a hurry. How big are your plots?
I have one plot that’s 3/4 acre and one that’s one acre

Unless you will efence them, don’t bother with beans! Deer will never let it grow, particularly if you’re planting ag beans. Frankly, for the acreage your have, you be far better served with the lick creek rotation (grains/clover and brassicas).

Unless you will efence them, don’t bother with beans! Deer will never let it grow, particularly if you’re planting ag beans. Frankly, for the acreage your have, you be far better served with the lick creek rotation (grains/clover and brassicas).
IMO agree with E fence with either. It's taken a few years to get enough ,but the e fence is worth the investment. I would not have a garden without them. I watch ebay for used Zareba's .

Back