Box Blind Elevators

struttingfool

Any suggestions on which elevator I should get? Looking at the mavericks? I am looking to build it 10 feet off the ground approx. 5x7
Thanks
Strut

You will have to anchor down or it will blow over,make sure you can shoot out of a maverick blind that high with the small windows

I've got 4 blinds using the cheapest elevator brackets I could find at ~$90 for 4. I sand them down, paint with Rustoleum rusty metal primer, and then camo paint them. Hurricane Michael blew over my 10 year old condo that is on 12' 4x4s. I used a tractor to stand it back up. The Elevator brackets on it are just a strong as the day I bought them and i'm in a very humid climate near the coast.

I don't see paying $130 a set for Mavericks, when a $90 set of elevators work just fine.

Sorry I thought you meant you were building a platform to put a maverick blind on using elevators.Cheapest place I have found them is sportsmans guide

Used patent scaffolding has always been my preferred choice. If you watch the various sources like Craig's list , it can be bought reasonably.A

I like the Elevators from HD. Both of these are 6x8' nominal and are approximately 10' in the air. I made them in my shop, then transported them to the site with a tractor and forks, then lifted and emplaced the vertical and cross members.

9B733ww.jpg

9KszHfe.jpg

Just ordered another set for my 4th blind from Amazon $68.99 make sure to get the angled ones.

What’s the best way to attach the 2x4 or 2x6 perimeter board that butts into the board supported by the bracket? The amazon photo shows a single lag screw just screwed into the end. Is that sufficient?

What’s the best way to attach the 2x4 or 2x6 perimeter board that butts into the board supported by the bracket? The amazon photo shows a single lag screw just screwed into the end. Is that sufficient?
I would put at least 1 carriage bolt in each leg then use the lag bolts. Be sure to predrilled to prevent splitting.

The BEST way is to thru-bolt it with a galvanized bolt with a washer on each end of the bolt. I put a bolt in every hole, but I like things sturdy and to last.

On the 4x4 pocket leg, the opening is bigger than the 4x4, so be sure to hold it against the outer edge then put in a long galvanized lag screw.

Back