Box blind build

Not sure how my box blind thread has gotten to this point. My loader has no issues picking up a box blind, that was just a general statement about the loader. My loader is maxed out picking up a 250 gallon tote full of water from the back of my truck. I had to drag my no till JD 71 planter off a trailer because my loader wouldn't lift it and the planter was put on the trailer by a 40 HP JD tractor.
Hence why you need to have a pressure check done...a 250 gallon tote of water is going to be right around 2100 lbs and this is well below your LA1150 or LA1153 loader spec even at full lift height and breakout force is even much greater...

My L3830 can lift and carry a 250 gallon tote of water with a LA723 loader so there is no wonder the 40 HP JD lifted the JD planter...

Nothing personal and I hope this helps you get it lined out because it is leaving a lot on the table...Kubota dealership can do a pressure check and can increase loader pressure with shims which will increase the loaders capability.

To get back to the boxblind build I really like it. Since I have increased our south plot size to 2.2 acres I am looking into doing a blind build in the not too distant future. I like your design and I would make the floor square as you suggested. 12 feet would be more than plenty tall where I want to place it...

Do you put any insulation of any kind in them? I have talked to people that use the sheets of foam insulation(1/2-3/4") and they say that it does a great job with a small heater.

Do you put any insulation of any kind in them? I have talked to people that use the sheets of foam insulation(1/2-3/4") and they say that it does a great job with a small heater.

I haven't used insulation but I don't live in an area that I need the heat during hunting season either.

Gator, I ran across this blind you built, I would like to build one similar to this but honestly I'm not a builder, do you have photographs of your build showing the frame. I can't tell how you constructed your studs, if you ran the stud to the floor or set them on top of your sill plate. also what size did you make it? I would like to make one as small as possible but still be large enough to move comfortably. If you would could you email some pictures to czshow1@gmail.com please and thank you

Gator, I ran across this blind you built, I would like to build one similar to this but honestly I'm not a builder, do you have photographs of your build showing the frame. I can't tell how you constructed your studs, if you ran the stud to the floor or set them on top of your sill plate. also what size did you make it? I would like to make one as small as possible but still be large enough to move comfortably. If you would could you email some pictures to czshow1@gmail.com please and thank you
I'm pretty sure the only pics I have are the ones posted on this thread. I sold the farm and the blind went with the sale as well.
The overall size was about 6ft x 6ft. Blind was build like a house. Floor joist then plywood floor, then walls built on top of the plywood. 6x6 was slightly oversized where you had to move around a little to see out each side so something slightly smaller would be doable, I just wanted the room for drawing a bow.

Back