Best so far this year...

John Paul

Shaping up to be a good one this Fall.

IMG_0034-L.jpg

IMG_0719-L.jpg

IMG_0093-L.jpg

IMG_0017-L.jpg

IMG_0167-L.jpg

Can’t get close photos of any of these bucks but blew up some photos of them in the background.

Saw this guy the other day and he’s a hoss.

i-Wk6Kfks-L.jpg

This guy has a really nice second beam thing going on.

i-RNh6wzf-L.jpg

This guy has a lot going on and I want some better photos of him for sure.
i-VDxwCR7-M.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking bucks on this thread, are you guys feeding them anything in particular? Food plots, mineral supplements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking bucks on this thread, are you guys feeding them anything in particular? Food plots, mineral supplements?

They have plenty of Soybeans most years on our farm. We have a slight nutritional plain deficit in late winter early spring we have been working on the past few years with more food plots. Minerals are against the law in our counties now but I used to run a pile of mineral sites. We added another 15 acres of food plots this year, we are up to around 40 acres total now with more on the way next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy finally showed back up.

IMG_0052-L.jpg

I hope this buck falls in a hole the rest of the year and doesn’t come out till March. He could be real special in another year or two.

IMG_0075-L.jpg

You can see the double beam on this buck better now.
IMG_0217-L.jpg

What’s your secret John Paul? Everyone talks about Kansas, but I haven’t seen that many big bucks in one place anywhere around here!

What’s your secret John Paul? Everyone talks about Kansas, but I haven’t seen that many big bucks in one place anywhere around here!

I’d love to lie and tell you it’s because of all of our hard work managing the place. That definitely doesn’t hurt but it’s a unique area with larger land owners in and around our farm and the passing of younger bucks by most now. The one thing our farm has that most don’t is TONS of cover. We have plenty of food but our cover in unlike any of surrounding neighbors. That helps smart bucks get older and more mature! We summer a lot of the deer as well which is good for our neighbors (not always good for us) because once they disperse late summer they move to neighboring farms for others to hunt.

I’d love to lie and tell you it’s because of all of our hard work managing the place. That definitely doesn’t hurt but it’s a unique area with larger land owners in and around our farm and the passing of younger bucks by most now. The one thing our farm has that most don’t is TONS of cover. We have plenty of food but our cover in unlike any of surrounding neighbors. That helps smart bucks get older and more mature! We summer a lot of the deer as well which is good for our neighbors (not always good for us) because once they disperse late summer they move to neighboring farms for others to hunt.
We have similar experiences as you when it comes to summer bucks. When we first bought our place, I thought fall was going to be amazing, then late September came and many of the bucks disappeared.

Back