Being 75

Drycreek

Well, it’s official, I’ve been here three quarters of a century. I’ve seen lots of changes in my life, some good, some not so much. My father, mother, and all siblings are gone, some years ago. But my kids, all grown, and grandkids, and my good friends are still around. Good thing too, how else could I have gotten the great surprise birthday party that I had last Saturday night !

My wife, God bless her, told me we were to meet our son and his girlfriend at the Chinese restaurant in a neighboring town. I was all for it, I love Chinese food and that’s where our son lives. Seemed reasonable. When we got there we were directed into a side room, (I’m still in the dark) and lo and behold, there’s a crowd of folks ! I was well and truly surprised ! I think every man should have a wife like mine !23C77FC0-2BC8-46BC-A1F9-176FCE090661.jpeg

So glad they "got you" and congrats on the milestone. Looks like habitat work, deer hunting, your wife's cooking, chasing grandkids, and other East Texas activities have kept you healthy for another quarter. I am not far behind you.
I really appreciate what you offer and contribute to this forum. Keep up the good work

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. My wife is several years younger than me, and I probably owe the fact that I’m still kicking to her. She takes care of me. I told my best friend once that I could have looked the world over and not found a better woman, and I believe that. The fact that I was once married to Satan’s sister makes it all the sweeter. She is my rock !

Native, did you say milestone…….or millstone ?:eek::):):)

Happy Birthday young man. I follow 2 rules," don't let the old man in", and " how old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"
Good genetics helps but activity and good practices help. Luckily our mistakes of younger years can often be circumvented.
And I often tell my younger wife that I hope she enjoys her new young man when I kick the bucket. lol

Happy Birthday young man. I follow 2 rules," don't let the old man in", and " how old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"
Good genetics helps but activity and good practices help. Luckily our mistakes of younger years can often be circumvented.
And I often tell my younger wife that I hope she enjoys her new young man when I kick the bucket. lol

I once asked a friend who had married a woman 24 years younger than him for advice about marrying my wife who is 16 years younger than me. He said, “Hell son, anybody can marry an old woman!”:D I wasn’t overly sure at the time but 40 years later I’m real sure !:)

Well, it’s official, I’ve been here three quarters of a century. I’ve seen lots of changes in my life, some good, some not so much. My father, mother, and all siblings are gone, some years ago. But my kids, all grown, and grandkids, and my good friends are still around. Good thing too, how else could I have gotten the great surprise birthday party that I had last Saturday night !

My wife, God bless her, told me we were to meet our son and his girlfriend at the Chinese restaurant in a neighboring town. I was all for it, I love Chinese food and that’s where our son lives. Seemed reasonable. When we got there we were directed into a side room, (I’m still in the dark) and lo and behold, there’s a crowd of folks ! I was well and truly surprised ! I think every man should have a wife like mine !View attachment 23492
Lookin great! Happy Birthday and many more to come. (sorry to hear that you had to eat Chinese on your birthday. I thought Texas had some good steakhouses...)

Drycreek - That's pretty dang special right there! I'm 9 years behind you and know it will pass like an early morning fog. You guys look amazing!

Lookin great! Happy Birthday and many more to come. (sorry to hear that you had to eat Chinese on your birthday. I thought Texas had some good steakhouses...)[/QUOTE

We do have excellent steak houses, but the best ones are at my house !:)

Last edited:
Congratulations to you! That's a beautiful date and it is great that your nearest and dearest and dearest made such a great surprise for you:)

Back