Basagran

deer patch

My plots are starting to get an overall abundance of yellow nutsedge and beggarticks and after doing some research, it seems Basagran fits all the criteria to control these plants without any long term residual that will effect later plantings. I’m going to plant soybeans this spring. Those that have used Basagran before in the past, what is your experience with this herbicide?

My plots are starting to get an overall abundance of yellow nutsedge and beggarticks and after doing some research, it seems Basagran fits all the criteria to control these plants without any long term residual that will effect later plantings. I’m going to plant soybeans this spring. Those that have used Basagran before in the past, what is your experience with this herbicide?
Never used it but hoping someone who has will chime in because I am interested too!

I’ve used it and Sedgehammer also. Both work and both are pricey. Mine was a straight clover plot from WINA seeds. It was just in one end of a 40’ x 150 yard long plot so I sprayed it with my small spray rig. I had a bunch in an odd corner that was next to my clover but wasn’t planted to anything. I smoked it was a strong gly application.

I’ve used it and Sedgehammer also. Both work and both are pricey. Mine was a straight clover plot from WINA seeds. It was just in one end of a 40’ x 150 yard long plot so I sprayed it with my small spray rig. I had a bunch in an odd corner that was next to my clover but wasn’t planted to anything. I smoked it was a strong gly application.[/QUOTE

thanks for the info. Gly didn’t touch mine though.

Never used it but hoping someone who has will chime in because I am interested too!

I’ve done some more research and I think it will work for what I need it for. It can be mixed with 24DB as well, which could be a good benefit for others. I’m going to use it this coming growing season and I’ll give you my results late summer/early fall.

Here’s a list of what Basagran controls:

• Anoda, Spurred
  • Balloonvine
  • Beggarticks
  • Bindweed�
  • Bird rape
  • Bristly Starbur
  • Buckwheat, Wild
  • Buttercup
  • Butterprint
  • Buttonweed�
  • Canada Thistle