SureGuard (Flumioxazin)

dtabor

Im trying to control a major infestation of liverwort on a couple of my woods plots. Ive cut back the edges to allow more sun in (which needed to be done anyway) to no avail. Even drying the area out and lack of fertilizer isnt helping. Ive read that SureGuard can control it. It is labeled as a pre-emergent and post-emergent herbicide.
Does anyone have any experience with this chemical? Im assuming that no plot plantings can be done while using this stuff? The label doesnt show any of my typical plants specifically, but have to think it will prevent growth of most anything?

Never used it, but it says that it can have an 8 month residual effect.
c4ff86bcea41201f2f100dfe8309d300.png

9e8c36181c86697ffd0c4ca105cf77c2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flumioxazin is used as a preemergemce herbicide in soybeans. It is sold under the commercial name of Valor. Valor is safe to use in Soybeans and it does have pretty good residual activity on broadleaf weeds. Flumioxazin is also sold under some other names as a product for use around trees for residual weed control.

Altotough it's not labeled for it, according to my calculations Flumioxazin might not kill white clover, which would give you an option to grow something while killing the liverwort. I'd find some clover growing on my property and do a small test area with a light dose to see if this works.

Altotough it's not labeled for it, according to my calculations Flumioxazin might not kill white clover, which would give you an option to grow something while killing the liverwort. I'd find some clover growing on my property and do a small test area with a light dose to see if this works.

It might not kill it but it would definitely burn it real bad. I’d say it’s not likely a product for use in clover.

Thanks all for your responses. Ive been planting annuals for a couple years as I have to disc to chew up the liverwort and get anything to grow. That in turn spreads the liverwort. I may have to just do one plot at a time, get it under control then move on to another that way something is growing somewhere on my property at any given year.

Back