As close to the dream property as I am going to get, at least for now

Wow, just over a year since I posted in my own thread.
I see Tinypic is dead so are most of my pics :mad:

Well the evil orange stills lives but she did not till or turn a single ounce of soil this year as life would just not allow it. I have only been home three times since the beginning of the year and it was all before plotting was to begin. This week I did manage to spray some plots and over seed with some clover and got some rye down into the thatch. Hopefully the rye will come up and fingers crossed that the throw and grow will work this time.

Now here is proof the evil orange lives and given I am posting it is proof she has not killed me, yet. I was even kind to her and changed the oil and lubed her up. :p. She is losing FEL lifting power so that will be a winter thing.

wxvcYu.jpg

Last edited:
I did not ask for this but if you want war, you shall have war!
One of gods creatures has declared war on my property and when you declare war on my property it is a declaration of war against me.

Here is my enemy, and do not fall for his cute cuddly personality, as I can assure you he is a killer, a killer of all wood to include your deer blind.
FtXZjf.jpg

My enemy has eaten away at all four corners of my deer blind. He actually ate a hole right through it. I put blocking on the inside to cover it up before he decided to make my blind his own personal hotel. He has been gnawing at the 4x4 pressure treated support posts and the little ba*s*ar* has even been busy eating the PT floor from the bottom.

DYJ4Vd.jpg

You can see in this pic where he has been eating the bottom of the blind. He did this on both sides.
NEB2WK.jpg

2rTr02.jpg

Last edited:
Now I would like to declare war on the two legged creature who dumped two loads of construction debris on my property but I am pretty sure that is illegal and would get me red flagged :eek:

I was working on the blind a couple of weeks ago when I thunder storm rolled in. Instead of getting soaked to the bone to get out and put the cable up I elected to stay dry as I thought I was coming back the next day. Well the next day turned into two weeks or so and some human piece of excrement saw the opportunity to break the law and take a dump on me.

The NYS DEC came out and sorted through the two piles trying to link it to someone but there was nothing. I found two dolls but I am not touching them as I think they are voodoo dolls. One appears to have a spear through its chest. I think whoever did it is sending me a message.

NoM2tQ.jpg

Tell me that is not a spear through its heart. I would have gotten closer to get a better pic but I was afraid.:p
8WBIMt.jpg

Last edited:
At least DEC responds to you. Last time I tried to get help, it took weeks of calls/emails to get a response:(. I think you and I feel the same way about trespassers.....

I had one pic of this guy on a trail in early Nov. I hunted three days in a row out of one stand, but on the fourth it snowed so I stayed home. Yep, he was standing 20 yards in front of it that day. :mad:
What a beautiful buck and what a great pic. Got vid of him as well.
Vi7xzj.jpg

My neighbor said someone over in the next hollow got a big 8, so it might have been him :(

My Uncle once told me that having a large tract of land that you did not live on was asking for trouble. Well last Nov I ran into my neighbor behind me on the top of the mountain. He was a very nice older man and owns 500 acres and he and a friend were looking for his property lines. I told him where the two corners were but that I was unsure of the exact line as the surveyor did not flag the line for the seller when I was buying it. The surveyor told me he could flag it for $500. Thanks, but no thanks was my response.

Well, well, well, I just went up to the top of the mountain the other day and low and behold my nice older neighbor has blazed a trail on the top of the mountain with a bulldozer. It is very nice trail and even has glow in the dark orange markers. The only problem is that about 250 yards of it is on my property, and not on the line, but about 100 yards into me and it is about 30 yards from my tree stand.

Today I was talking to my other neighbor in town about some issues and I mentioned the dumping so he was aware and could tell his family that we have a problem in the valley. After that I mentioned the trail and he said "oh that is now a snowmobile trail for the local club". As you can imagine it was quite a surprise to the land owner aka me that the adjoining land owner was kind enough to blaze a trail for the local club that I am not a member of and for something that I did not give permission for.

Oh, I saved the best part for last. My town just did a re-assessment on all properties. First time in 40 years and they raised my assessment substantially. On one parcel it went up $55k, so I filed a grievance with the town and they said we really do not see the taxes going up that much and ultimately denied my petition. Well school taxes just came out and they doubled, yes they doubled. I went into the states 480a Forestry program not long ago to cut the taxes and it did by half, but now they jacked them right back up. Going to do the lawyer thing next year when the grievance period opens again.

My Uncle once told me that having a large tract of land that you did not live on was asking for trouble. Well last Nov I ran into my neighbor behind me on the top of the mountain. He was a very nice older man and owns 500 acres and he and a friend were looking for his property lines. I told him where the two corners were but that I was unsure of the exact line as the surveyor did not flag the line for the seller when I was buying it. The surveyor told me he could flag it for $500. Thanks, but no thanks was my response.

Well, well, well, I just went up to the top of the mountain the other day and low and behold my nice older neighbor has blazed a trail on the top of the mountain with a bulldozer. It is very nice trail and even has glow in the dark orange markers. The only problem is that about 250 yards of it is on my property, and not on the line, but about 100 yards into me and it is about 30 yards from my tree stand.

Today I was talking to my other neighbor in town about some issues and I mentioned the dumping so he was aware and could tell his family that we have a problem in the valley. After that I mentioned the trail and he said "oh that is now a snowmobile trail for the local club". As you can imagine it was quite a surprise to the land owner aka me that the adjoining land owner was kind enough to blaze a trail for the local club that I am not a member of and for something that I did not give permission for.

Oh, I saved the best part for last. My town just did a re-assessment on all properties. First time in 40 years and they raised my assessment substantially. On one parcel it went up $55k, so I filed a grievance with the town and they said we really do not see the taxes going up that much and ultimately denied my petition. Well school taxes just came out and they doubled, yes they doubled. I went into the states 480a Forestry program not long ago to cut the taxes and it did by half, but now they jacked them right back up. Going to do the lawyer thing next year when the grievance period opens again.

I know a lot of you on this board do not agree with me on this (not specifically you but there are many) but if you are going to own something you have to protect it. Good borders and to me that only means 1 thing...fence! When we purchased our property it had only fence along the north side so 3 sides were un-fenced and the trails in and out by humans were very visible. We closed on a Wednesday...on Thursday the surveyor was there along with a dozer operator and myself, my wife, and a couple friends with a load of fencing material...surveyor started marking the line (I paid the extra because it is well worth it. Dozer was chasing the surveyor and we were drilling and putting in post behind the dozer...by Sunday our entire road side 1320 feet was fenced along with the first 660 on the east and west side and then over the next couple weeks we did the rest...still absolutely the best money we have ever spent!

I would be sueing them for every tree that dozer took down and then for that trail to be totally restored back to the condition it was before or telling them to build you a fence along that side, bring a dozer in to make the trail impassible from the other property and only useful to you.

As far as the taxes liberal states are always going to try to break the landowners...it’s the old golden goose story all over again...

Wow, I wouldn't be too happy with those neighbors! We just had a recent property purchase re-assessed. I think all they do is take the sale price and apply a certain percentage in the wrong direction. I'm not entirely sure how something can assess for an additional 10% just months after closing. Luckily they cut taxes on another of our parcels in half due to recent logging operations.

The place is looking great, love the picture of that big north-woods buck in the snow. Very cool.

The snowmobile trail being put on your property is a real bummer. Now you get in the position of being the bad guy if/when you close it down. If it were me and the local club had asked I might have worked with them to make a snowmobile trail that had minimum impact to the property, was closed to all non-snowmobile use and not open even for that until well after hunting seasons end. Bulldozing in a trail without permission though would be a different story.

Great picture of the buck that visited your stand when you weren't there. Maybe you'll get lucky and he wasn't the one the big eight that the neighbor got----It seems like SOMETHING has to go your way eventually!

CTM, you need to jump all over the trail and stop it now. Your delay will prejudice you down the road. I assure, it will increase trespassing year around if you don’t put a stop to it now.

Oh man. Not good. I'm all about a fence for perimeter security. And I would do whatever I could to reclaim that property ASAP....250 yards is a good bit of land. If they can see your stand from the trail...double trouble.

I am not advocating one way or another on the snowmobile trail but around here the trails are closed until after deer season has ended. Sometime in late December. As you know the $500 to the surveyor is now going to be a lot more but, I would certainly have them come back and flag it. Then follow up with blazing and posted signs. If you are open to the snowmobiles then call the club up and explain there will be no use except during season and you could possibly gate and fence the appropriate areas. If not, I would still get a hold of them and explain. That will give a chance to correct the situation. My guess is they just guessed. And guessed wrong. Either way and what ever you decide it’s still wise and needs to get straight and the line properly flagged for future guessing

Back