Are You Skeered?

Quite a day here in Western NY. Not only are we dealing with the virus but had an earthquake today. 2.3 so not a biggie. No damage. Most people don’t think of this area when they talk about quakes but, we have them every so often. Often enough that we had earthquake protocols at my previous employment. Also had a sailboat capsize in the lake. No talent I guess Lol. It was windy. People are getting out and about. The out of State tourists are pouring in. Apparently they’re not concerned this is the epicenter so why should the locals. Lol.

God Bless America and Mexicans. I’ve eaten at Mexican restaurants across the country and this home town ranks in the top 2 for me. The workers are great and friends of mine. I ate early and alone as my real estate wife was selling a house. Place filled up quick. 50% seating open now , 75% next wk. Pools and Whitewater rafting open next wk. SP lodging open also for WV residents only w 30% discount rate.
Infection rate dropping to 1.9%. 68 deaths. One an acquaintance.
And yet tonight’s news still going w pessimistic second wave. Can’t live in a vacuum.
Last wk was the 100th Anniversary of the Matewan massacre brought on by the Pinkerton guards and National militia coming in to quell miners uprising. Led to Battle of Blair Mountain. Common men and women gave blood and time to provide their children a better life. If you don’t think government doesn’t like control then re read working peoples battle for civil rights history.
Stay safe. Support local businesses. Don’t buy that internet crap that does nothing for your local town.
f1b33347c020c96ab1475708dd0c5483.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting a haircut is not as easy as you see on TV. LOL. As I watch the rest of the Country opening up I am reminded daily of our dictator Cuomo
I see how salons in these other States are operating. Here’s what they’re going to have to do here in NY. Keep in mind in Our County of 120,000 with 19 cases and no one in the hospital we cannot even get to this point yet. NOT ALLOWED. Says the Governor but, when we are ALLOWED here’s the rules for salons.

Barbershop/Hair Salon Guidance
  • All employees must be tested every two weeks
  • Everything will be appointment only
  • 50% maximum capacity
  • Hair services only
  • employees must wear a mask and face shield
  • customers must wear a maks
  • establishments must keep a log of customers for tracing purposes
  • business owners are encouraged to test themselves and their employees before opening
  • customers are encouraged to ask if an employee has been tested before getting their hair done

Getting a haircut is not as easy as you see on TV. LOL. As I watch the rest of the Country opening up I am reminded daily of our dictator Cuomo
I see how salons in these other States are operating. Here’s what they’re going to have to do here in NY. Keep in mind in Our County of 120,000 with 19 cases and no one in the hospital we cannot even get to this point yet. NOT ALLOWED. Says the Governor but, when we are ALLOWED here’s the rules for salons.

• 50% maximum capacity
  • Hair services only
  • business owners are encouraged to test themselves and their employees before opening
  • customers are encouraged to ask if an employee has been tested before getting their hair done
I’m quite sure our guv has a professional hair stylist servicing his needs....

• 50% maximum capacity
  • Hair services only
You might want to consider buying a flowbee, or you will soon look like RIP van winkle.

I can live with most of those rules on a temporary basis for safety but, I will not go along with being logged by the government of where I’m at and what I’m doing. If my hair cutter puts me on any lists I will deny I even know them.

I got word our office may not open until there is an available vaccine (we are all working remotely and the owners have realized efficiency is at least equal to everyone coming into the office). For selfish reasons, I’m not unhappy (I get to stay at the farm upstate rather than commuting into Gotham everyday). Still, for so very many people such an arrangement is unavailable.... At some point, as a country, we have to get back to work. Watching the riots, I’m convinced part is reflecting pent up frustration with pandemic restrictions. Things need to change.

I got word our office may not open until there is an available vaccine (we are all working remotely and the owners have realized efficiency is at least equal to everyone coming into the office). For selfish reasons, I’m not unhappy (I get to stay at the farm upstate rather than commuting into Gotham everyday). Still, for so very many people such an arrangement is unavailable.... At some point, as a country, we have to get back to work. Watching the riots, I’m convinced part is reflecting pent up frustration with pandemic restrictions. Things need to change.
So right. The French revolution was all about the people in authority losing touch with the common people.

When people were actually dying around here no masks required. Now that they're dying in Texas and CA, masks required. Makes no sense.

We have mask rule here and about 80% somewhat follow. 100 deaths including only 10 the past month and most /all were compromised. Interesting as we have an influx more than normal of southerners and northerners coming here for vaca to
“ escape “ the high risk areas. Dang rivers and mountains are packed like ants. Kinda ruins it for we locals.
Having a Memorial next Saturday but we are calling it a Peaceful March to circumvent the 25 person guidelines for gatherings!!!
Despite our official Cruise In this past Saturday being cancelled it continued anyway outlaw. Prob 400 rides of all types from 1600 hp Viper to Rag machines to jacked pickups to 40000$ modified Side by Sides. Polished my machine, bought dinner for a best friend who just finished 3rd and final round of radiation/chemo and we all went down to mainsteet for the evening. Old and young, most friends and some enemy. Did make the car wear a mask as I fear for her aging body. Me? Not so much. Just playing safe.

96515f23b7f9ac99abf8e63637f44db1.jpg

ee2ea3901ccd2386e8ad1137aa86f1f6.jpg

Honestly, I don't think we are scared enough. So let's see, Covid, riots, a national election and many of my "non gun" friends arming up. Then my wife tells me she has heard there will be food shortages this fall. She went so far as to ask me to shoot additional deer this fall.

your shifter needs a circumcision, or not, it's a free world.

G

Guess I’ll never grab that shifter comfortably any more! She is nearing 13 yo ,and puberty , so perhaps protection is in order. You are sick George and that’s why I like you.

Back