Anything to do in Stuttgart,AR in afternoon

Bullwinkle

I booked a 3 day speckled belly Jan goose hunt in Stuttgart. Normally they limit out quickly and we will have most of the day off.

Is there anything to do there besides waterfowl hunt? There will be 8 of us.

If you like to crappie fish there's some good winter crappie on the lower end of the White river.
You might check out Wildlife Farms in Cascoe. They are on the White also. It's a high end place. Never been there, but I've heard of it.

If you like to crappie fish there's some good winter crappie on the lower end of the White river.
You might check out Wildlife Farms in Cascoe. They are on the White also. It's a high end place. Never been there, but I've heard of it.
Saw black dog hunting club does this too. More expensive than goose hunting. It's a great option though. Tx

Duck hunt on your own? I know you said anything else but waterfowl hunt, but you are going to one of the places world renown for waterfowl hunting!
Turkey creek is right on with the waterfowl hunting. I've not hunted Stuttgart in over 20 years, but it's a special place. Never seen anything like it. Those folks live and breathe duck hunting, and have for the last 40 years.

Turkey creek is right on with the waterfowl hunting. I've not hunted Stuttgart in over 20 years, but it's a special place. Never seen anything like it. Those folks live and breathe duck hunting, and have for the last 40 years.

I know. I've duck hunted there the last 5 years. Last year flooded timber we got our limit of 24 mallards in 27 min the first day, 29 the second. Absolutely unreal. This year I'm trying goose hunting too and all the duck camps I've been in don't hunt the afternoons.

Lots of public waterfowl areas around, but like mentioned above you have to be out by noon. They do allow hunting past noon on the last weekend of the season, which is usually the last weekend in January.

There is some good fishing and deer hunting around there. If you bow hunt, the White River Refuge is nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of public waterfowl areas around, but like mentioned above you have to be out by noon. They do allow hunting past noon on the last weekend of the season, which is usually the last weekend in January.

There is some good fishing and deer hunting around there. If you bow hunt, the White River Refuge is nearby.

I would not wish hunting on public land the last weekend on my worst enemy, especially if considering Bayou Meto, Hurricane, Dagmar, etc.

Run by Mack's Prarie Wings. Even if you don't buy a thing it's worth checking out.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

We hunted the White river NWR the last weekend of duck season this past year and did rather well. My first time hunting there.
5f69295e1aedb1086da938d1bd8214eb.jpg
ec103b28465313b5e104926d0578bdef.jpg
19b544b5d1a87d462620d0b761de88e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Last edited:
I would not wish hunting on public land the last weekend on my worst enemy, especially if considering Bayou Meto, Hurricane, Dagmar, etc.

It's not that bad. You just have to know where and when to go. I actually prefer going the last weekend because the option of hunting all day gives you more opportunities. I think everyone should experience timber hunting at Bayou Meto and White River NWR at least once.

We always duck hunt in the am then goose hunt in the afternoon. If you do your homework you will limit in specks in minutes as well.

The guide we are going with has a history of limits very quickly but only hunts mornings. My buddy is a big time duck hunter and says speckled belly are more fun than any duck hunt he's been on??

The problem I see is if you're done at 9am and the next hunt isn't till 6am the next morning that's a lot of dead time. There will be 10 of us so I'm sure we'll find something to do that gives us a headache the next morning worst case

My cousin has a club at casscoe and we hunt the same area every year. If the speck hunt is done quick, go after the snows. They are everywhere..

My cousin has a club at casscoe and we hunt the same area every year. If the speck hunt is done quick, go after the snows. They are everywhere..

Can we hire him to take us out? There are 10 of us. My speckled belly guide has a track record of limits well before breakfast

PM me

Back