Anyone need a tornado strength battery leaf blower???

I have two gas chain saws, an old Stihl that’s about used up, and a Husky that will eat logs and has a lot of life left. They’re long ago paid for, but for small jobs with no hassle, my Greenworks electric saw is the only way to go. Use saw, charge battery as necessary. Easy peasy !
I never would have considered a battery operated chain saw, but I'm coming around to it with all these positive comments.

I never would have considered a battery operated chain saw, but I'm coming around to it with all these positive comments.

Jeff, I first bought the pole saw because the Stihl I had was so dang heavy and would pinch so badly when I had to cut over my head. I was so impressed by the way it cut, that the bar was angled such that it doesn’t pinch near as much, and the battery life, that I bought the regular chain saw to replace my old Stihl that I used for trimming up downed trees and regular saw stuff.

My son and I used the pole saw trimming some limbs at his house and mine, and he immediately had me to order both for him. He was skeptical also until he tried them. I’ve used my pole saw quite a bit and it hasn’t been sharpened yet ! They come with Oregon chains and the bar is adjustable without tools on the regular saw, and only a screwdriver on the pole saw. I promise I’m not a salesman but if I were, I’d be a goodun ! :)

The blower is on my next-to-buy list !

Jeff, I first bought the pole saw because the Stihl I had was so dang heavy and would pinch so badly when I had to cut over my head. I was so impressed by the way it cut, that the bar was angled such that it doesn’t pinch near as much, and the battery life, that I bought the regular chain saw to replace my old Stihl that I used for trimming up downed trees and regular saw stuff.

My son and I used the pole saw trimming some limbs at his house and mine, and he immediately had me to order both for him. He was skeptical also until he tried them. I’ve used my pole saw quite a bit and it hasn’t been sharpened yet ! They come with Oregon chains and the bar is adjustable without tools on the regular saw, and only a screwdriver on the pole saw. I promise I’m not a salesman but if I were, I’d be a goodun ! :)

The blower is on my next-to-buy list !

I was definitely skeptical, but not after hearing you guys rave about it. I trust you guys as much as I trust my proctologist :D

I love my battery powered stihl saw. It’s a game changer for light habitat work. I highly recommend it after a year of use.

It looks like the blower is available in the 60 and 80 Volt. Triple C yours looks to be the 60 volt. Is there a reason you went with the 60 vs the 80 ?

My sthl dealer talked me out of the battery saw. Said that it's great for small stuff, but wouldn't be very great with the hedge that I cut.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My sthl dealer talked me out of the battery saw. Said that it's great for small stuff, but wouldn't be very great with the hedge that I cut.

It’s definitely made for small stuff, and it’s easy to tell a performance difference when cutting pine compared to cutting oak.

It’s definitely made for small stuff, and it’s easy to tell a performance difference when cutting pine compared to cutting oak.
I trust my dealer, he's been good to me for many yrs. Oak cuts easy compared to the hedge I burn. I was a little disappointed, I really wanted the battery saw.

My little 18v Ryobi has been reliable so far. I've only used it a few times though. I like it when I'm cutting to release desirable trees from the unwanted. In my case, that means clearing out around conifers. The trees I'm cutting are generally not more than 6" DBH. When I need to force the issue on felling direction and make notch cuts, I notice the chain is not as aggressive and the saw less powerful than my Stihl gasser. It struggles on the diagonal notch cuts. If I go in to clean up the mess I've created I'll use the gas saw because I'll be doing a lot more cutting than when I'm just dropping trees and leaving them.

If I was cutting larger wood, I wouldn't use it. For times in the woods where I'm doing more walking, looking, head scratching and figuring that cutting. It's my favorite. Time will tell if it handles this use or dies early. I'm convinced it's really only meant for the occasional wayward branch on a residential tree.

It looks like the blower is available in the 60 and 80 Volt. Triple C yours looks to be the 60 volt. Is there a reason you went with the 60 vs the 80 ?
Jeff - I don't recall seeing the 80V when I bought mine. The 60V has turned out to be more than I needs I have at home. Would probably go with the 80V if purchasing for the farm but I've yet to run the 60V out of juice here at the house.

As I was leaving the farm this morning, I told my son, Brooks, to take the Husky chainsaw to his local dealer to get it running again as habitat work is around the corner. His comment was that I should consider a battery saw based on how the Oregon pole saw has performed.

My little 18v Ryobi has been reliable so far. I've only used it a few times though. I like it when I'm cutting to release desirable trees from the unwanted. In my case, that means clearing out around conifers. The trees I'm cutting are generally not more than 6" DBH. When I need to force the issue on felling direction and make notch cuts, I notice the chain is not as aggressive and the saw less powerful than my Stihl gasser. It struggles on the diagonal notch cuts. If I go in to clean up the mess I've created I'll use the gas saw because I'll be doing a lot more cutting than when I'm just dropping trees and leaving them.

If I was cutting larger wood, I wouldn't use it. For times in the woods where I'm doing more walking, looking, head scratching and figuring that cutting. It's my favorite. Time will tell if it handles this use or dies early. I'm convinced it's really only meant for the occasional wayward branch on a residential tree.

Even though mine is a 40v, I’m with you on that. I bought mine as a saw to use trimming limbs off downed trees, (lighter and easier to handle) and as a saw to throw in the CanAm when we are working on the lease. There are so many dead trees from recent droughts that there seems to be one or two every spring when we’re traveling the trails. For serious saw work the Husky is the one.

Back