A new food plot being "manufactured" in central Georgia.

Podad

The owner is having some young pines 5th row cut at one of my leases. This is in Putnam County, Ga. As you see in the attached picture the log loading dock is cut out and in use. I have asked the owner and timber manager to ask the crew to clear out as much as possible when they finish with the operation. The area in the picture is about 3/4 acre. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they clear the space. New food plot Putnam.jpg

Maybe they will leave it in decent shape for you. When do you expect them to exit? What equipment do you have if they fail to come thru?

Gonna be pretty compacted. A planting of rye and daikon radishes would be a great choice.

OOoh, it looks gamey for sure. Whatever you pick, I hope it can hold up under assault. Lol. Keep us up to date!

Maybe they will leave it in decent shape for you. When do you expect them to exit? What equipment do you have if they fail to come thru?
They should be finished within 1-2 weeks. I have a MF135 without a loader. But the landowner has a couple of larger JD with loaders. He may want to go over there and play some if the loggers don't come through for us

Too bad the guys that did mine aren't doing that one. They chipped all the tops, etc so you could hardly tell they'd been there except for the missing trees.

Last edited:
Podad...two thumbs up on your "slick as owl poop" simile. we have made that comparison to hunt road conditions forever. Another colorful one is, "The road is slicker than an eel in a barrel full of snot." Lol.

Back