Working at the Farm - Took a few I-Phone Pics

He is a brute, congratulations. You take the .308 for close shots?

G
Thanks G. I carry that 308 when I hunt my 20 acre place, because the gun is so light, and my walk to the stand is a long one. And, my longest shot over there is only going to be 250 yards max, which would be a chip shot for it. The gun is one of those light little Tikkas, and I have a light Burris scope on it as well. It feels like carrying a toy.

I will also carry that gun if my son and I are hunting together at the other place. If he has a 300 mag, I don't need to be carrying one too - so I lighten the load a little bit.

Congrats Steve! Been waiting on you to post a pic of 2023 buck on the ground. Have come to expect it from you. Hope your son gets the chance to get on one!

Gonna post a few pics of what we've taken over the past week later today or this evening.

Congrats Steve! Been waiting on you to post a pic of 2023 buck on the ground. Have come to expect it from you. Hope your son gets the chance to get on one!

Gonna post a few pics of what we've taken over the past week later today or this evening.
Thanks TC, and I'm looking forward to your upcoming post on the family's deer hunting this year.

You are a killing machine. Always expect a brute taken by you each year. Great job. Was this from your new tower condo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a killing machine. Always expect a brute taken by you each year. Great job. Was this from your new tower condo?

Thanks dogghr. Yes, this was from the new tower blind. And, luckily I got him on the level ground rather than having him to go over the creek bluff.

Winter has struck with snow and below zero temps. Time for some inside tasks:

Loading ammo:

IMG_3746.jpeg

IMG_3741.jpeg
IMG_3718.jpeg

Taking down and cleaning semi autos:

IMG_3754.jpeg

IMG_3757.jpeg

IMG_3732.jpeg

IMG_3747.jpeg

Trimming Brass:

IMG_3744.jpeg

Taking down and oiling handguns:

IMG_3726.jpeg

IMG_3766.jpeg

Organizing and cleaning:

IMG_3767.jpeg

Can't wait to get my hands back on a chainsaw!

Attachments

• IMG_3747.jpeg
    IMG_3747.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
I’m a bit OCD but those shelves are a bit too organized even for me. Good job on gun maintenance as I’ve been doing same and rebuilding some equipment since foot of snow and frigid no longer my cup of tea outdoor. And please, no more singing.

I’m a bit OCD but those shelves are a bit too organized even for me. Good job on gun maintenance as I’ve been doing same and rebuilding some equipment since foot of snow and frigid no longer my cup of tea outdoor. And please, no more singing.

But....you have got to hear my Elvis impersonation.......

Oh my I just don’t think I can handle the thought of your hips wiggling like Elvis much less the howling

Back