Working at the Farm - Took a few I-Phone Pics

I would say 200 nice apples on a tree planted six years ago isn't too bad. Especially when you consider that I don't spray and that some of the apples are approaching 3 1/4 inches in size. Meet my new friend "Sundance."

IMG_3242.jpeg
IMG_3239.jpeg
IMG_3198.jpeg
IMG_3200.jpeg

I built a trail through a thicket 30 yards from my blind in preparation for bow and Xbow season. The deer I'm going to hunt isn't using the trail yet, but I am starting to get good buck traffic. If the right one starts coming through it should be a good shot for either the Matthews or Ravin. My blind is just to the left of the picture - a tad over 30 yards.

qr1-IMG_0475.JPG

qr1-IMG_0414.JPG

qr1-IMG_0359.JPG
qr1-IMG_0288.JPG

There is something I love about the prairie at this time of year. Maybe it’s the beauty, maybe because it’s full of deer, maybe both….

IMG_3355.jpeg
IMG_3338.jpeg
IMG_3335.jpeg

IMG_3334.jpeg
IMG_3339.jpeg

Split ear was pushing daylight this morning. But he is a cautious fellow so far this year. I passed him last year during gun season but he is a possible target this year. I have one better but he is in hiding right now.

rr1-RCNX0148.jpeg

Everything starting to change, but summer holding on here a little longer.

r1-IMG_0216 (2).jpeg
rr2-IMG_0142.jpeg

03-IMG_0121.JPG
rr3-IMG_0069.JPG
rr5-IMG_0589.JPG
nr10-IMG_0769.JPG

or3-IMG_0258.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3338.jpeg
    IMG_3338.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3340.jpeg
    IMG_3340.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I have a couple bucks I found sheds from that I am still hoping show up. Fingers crossed a couple frosty mornings will wake them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last year my best buck didn't show up on camera until November 2nd. But once he arrived, he was on camera nearly every day. Good luck T-Max.

Today I ended my season by taking out the old bully buck at my 20 acre place. My son isn’t hunting during rifle season but may decide to hunt our December ML. This old buck has been aggressive, and I thought it might be good to open up a spot for another deer.

When I hunt this place in mornings, I wait until daylight to walk in, because I have to cross an open field. I think I have less of a chance spooking deer that way, because I can watch and back up if necessary. But, I did spook two small does right at the blind. However, once I got in the blind I could see several others out in the woods feeding that had no idea I was around.

In about 30 minutes I looked back toward my truck and saw this deer crossing the field and headed toward the does. He was less than 250 yards, and the 308 made a big exit hole on a double lung shot.

I’m going to keep watching cameras and will see if we get a good one to fill the hole for my son in December. We had a couple of dandies early in the year, but they haven’t shown for a long time.

IMG_3637.jpeg

Back