Which Binoculars?

ALwoodsman

I am looking at getting a new set of binoculars this year. I have a buddy that can get me a deal on a set of Vortex. I am not sure which power and size to get. What is a good one to go with for all around hunting use?

I like 10x for all around use. Some guys that hunt closer country prefer 8x. Vortex makes some pretty good glass - I would go with something like a 10x42.

I bought a new pair of Nikon Monarch 10 X 42 last year. I hunt some open ground and thick woods and they do a good job in both places. They do a good job for looking through brush.

I got a new pair of Vortex Diamondback 10x50, and I love them, light weight, tough, great clarity and amazing view. But regardless of what you decide to go with make sure you check out their warranties, a lot of companies these days will offer No Fault or lifetime warranties that can make or break your decision.

I have leupold 10x50s, I like them well enough that If I were to forget them the truck turns around and we go back and get them from the house.

I would get something with a lifetime no questions asked warranty. Mine have been back to leupold 3 times in 13 years with a new pair each time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have a vortex scope and love it! I would buy a pair of vortex Binos if I wasn't happy with my Bushnell legends, which are 10x42. Regardless of which brand/size you buy, make sure they fit your hunting and comfort needs. I would also add a good harness system is worth it's weight in gold.

+1 on Vortex binoculars. Lifetime warranty. My brother is avid long range shooter and swears by Vortex. Says you can even return them if you are not the original owner.

I have 3 10x42 binos. A Vortex, a Nikon, and Kahle. The Kahle is my favorite, but way more $$. The Vortex is better than the Nikon, overall, and for the money, in my opinion.

I have a pair of Nikon 10X42 and they are good. Last year my wife said she wanted a pair of binoculars to use while I was out on stand because she likes to sit at the barn and read and she glasses the field for critters. I bought a pair of Vortex 10X42 and gave her the Nikons. The Vortex's are really nice and I prefer them over the Nikons.

I have leupold 10x50s, I like them well enough that If I were to forget them the truck turns around and we go back and get them from the house.

I would get something with a lifetime no questions asked warranty. Mine have been back to leupold 3 times in 13 years with a new pair each time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what kind of warranty Nikon has anymore but about 7 years ago my son had my Nikon binoculars watching a doe in the last week of the season. He dropped them from the stand when I shot but didn't say anything about it. I didn't miss them being my last time out for the year. Four months later I found them laying beneath the stand. The mice had chewed them to pieces and the rotating eye cups had been chewed up so bad that they fell off when I picked them up. I called Nikon and told them the story. They sent me a new pair. No charge. I've been a Nikon fan ever since.

Jeff

I use the Nikon Monarch 10X42's and love them. I have heard great things about Vortex all around.

Agree with buckdeer, 8x32, or out west 10x40's. You have to assess what size you are really willing to cart around, if I had a personal bag carrier I would probably take 10x50's everywhere, or no wait a 36x80 spotting scope.
Take a look at the Redfield Rebel 8x32, better than the price lets on.

ALwoodsman,

I bought my Nikon Prostaff 7 10X42x "camo" binocular last year & love them. Iv been using mine allot lately scouting for turkeys for California's upcoming spring turkey season. I use the Boss Bino System to attached them to my backpack or bibs. Great binoculars & the Boss Bino System works great. So I think Nikon Prostaff 7 10X42 is best!

Back