Want to see a nice plot?

THE LLC

This is my dad's food plot in Madison County, GA. Planted on 9-17-16. This is 70 days after planting. 70 days without measurable rain.

Dad's plot 11-25-16.JPG

What was planted? you got to wonder if it will shoot up in the spring if the seed is still good.

Winter wheat and arrowleaf clover. This picture sums up my entire season so far--lots of money and effort invested, nothing to show for it.

Unbelievable-not even a weed! I can only imagine how depressing that must be.

We had our first drought type weather in my life and luckily I had planted clover and chicory and winter rye the fall before the drought. The rye shaded everything and the clover and chicory flourished and it was used very well by the deer. Some chicory will be in all of my clover plantings from now on. It probably wouldn't have germinated in as dry as you had it but it fit the bill for the level of dryness we had.

Wheres the exclusion cage? :D
That stinks man. Hard to believe rain can just stop for that long.

70 days. And not only that, it was 90 degrees on Halloween. I'm 46 and have NEVER seen anything like that. Soon as my next four year term is up, we are OUTTA HERE. Oh yeah, and see those trees around the plot? There are NEVER leaves on those trees at Thanksgiving.

I just planted the rest of a plot that had finally dried out from the hurricane, and now it looks like the chance of rain this week has decreased significantly. Typical.

Our forecast showed 80% for wed before T-day. So we threw out some rye on the struggling fields in hopes it would take hold. Nary a drop. Major storm predicted for early this week. It is what it is!

I believe it will rain here when it's doing it. No way it goes, now 72 days, without any then all of a sudden starts again. Just ain't gonna happen.

LLC...We feel your same pain! I haven't updated my property thread in a while because there's simply nothing to update. Here's a pic from this past week of our largest plot. Lots of seed and fertilizer in there with nothing to show. You can't see it in this pic but the seed (WR) has actually germinated and about an inch high in growth in the furrows in much of the plot. If we do get rain as forecasted this week I'm in hopes that we will have a green field in December.
Bean Field II.jpg

My money says things will explode after rain if that seed is covered

post follow up pics after rain and in spring

Keep plantin'

bill

My plots here in the upstate of SC look just like the pictures from GA. With our forecast for rain tomorrow, I drilled winter wheat yesterday and will spread urea today, then keep my fingers crossed.

Back