Want to see a nice plot?

We got three inches last Monday, then another inch on Tuesday, with more predicted today thru Monday.
I visited my plots on Thursday and was surprised to find some amount of growth, oats and wheats in furrows created by chisel plow.

G41SA5a.jpg

KeoMpQ3.jpg

Would be great to have the whole field covered in green, but glad the furrows used what little rain we got over last two months.

We got three inches one day this week, and there was a ton of growth in the plots today. Deer were wearing them out too. Like they'd been starving. Shot a doe in one and saw 10 in another this evening. Unfortunately my neighbors have killed both of the bucks I've been watching for three years--an eight and a ten. Kinda makes it a waste of time to go rest of the year.

Well did get a good rain finally last week and calling for more over next three days.
So now the problem faced is temps. Supposed to get down to 23 degrees next week so I'm guessing that will kill off any new growth coming up.
Food plotting just stinks this year in the southeast.
Lesson learned going to do more perennial plots from now on and rotate them every three years or so. So if this happens again at least I'll have something of a green plot to hunt if there is ever another fall this dry

It won't kill it but it will slow it down. Soon as it gets back over 40 it'll start growing again.

Haven't looked at my plots since it rained this week. It is raining right now and should continue until Tuesday(12-6) or Wednesday(12-7). I plan on making a trip out to see it tomorrow after I haul the trash off. I am probably not going to hunt because I don't feel like sitting in the rain.

Plots everywhere are thin this year. This rain we had last week and what we will get today through Tuesday will help if the temps will cooperate. It will not help hunting season but will help provide food through the winter.

That's the most important to me. Don't know why I give a crap really as every buck we grow the neighbors kill it soon as it hits 4 years old.

LLC I would be happy to see a 3 year old. Brown down everywhere around me. I have let two different four points walk multiple times to see them shot. All I can do is shake my head.

Plot has a nice green tint to it. 1/2 of the color is wild onion, the other half if seed I planted. I'll take it, even though I don't want the onion.

Back