Rope Mock Scrapes

I wonder if dirt would do the trick. Deer are often intrigued by unusual smells that they don't necessarily associate with predators. Back when I was bowhunting with a climber and switchback, I would often dip a cotton ball into vanilla extract and place it on a tree about 20 yards away. I don't think it attracted deer from any distance, but most deer moving through would eventually go over and sniff it positioning them for a broadside 20 yard shot. If I passed, they would just go back to feeding. The point is that, unless the odor is associated by deer with a predator, it is probably a non-issue.

I thought about burying it in the kids sandpile. Couldn’t hurt. Also thought about giving it a good smoke over our fire pit. The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend so that might be an option. Set out back, drink a few brews, smoke a hemp rope. While my wife and kids are gone watching the Taylor Swift concert at the movie theater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, the hemp rope from https://hemptique.com/products/hemp-rope-by-meter has no oily residue and smells way better than that stuff off of Amazon. Very happy with my purchase even if I did end up spending a little too much on this project. Maybe someone else will see this and learn from my mistakes.

Matt

Here’s what the finished product looks like.

0b4bd6f95c4de83f0b96282b803ce808.jpg

And two days later we have a little interest. He didn’t go over but at least he got close enough the camera picked him up so it’s a start.

007b35680773adb605a5844c3192455d.jpg

Matt

Back