Live from the stand 2016!

Little 6pt right outside my blind
20a54a0f58b30a83aa06f97b1f544c53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Bet I have heard 30 shots in the last hour!

Jut the opposite here. Seems like there isn't much hunting at all. Opening day of rifle season I heard two shots, yesterday 1 and today 2 or 3. Out of three trips to the farm (12 miles each way) I've seen one truck parked and hunting.

That has to be really difficult, hearing all the shooting and noise around your property.

All in all a great day in the field saw 14 deer, four different bucks and passed on a really nice tall 8 pt. I guessed him at 3 1/2, needs another year or two. I hope he makes it that long. Hopefully, the final day is the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of a strange hunt, never seen anymore deer after about 4: 45 or so. Guess they wanted to get home and dry off.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

IMG_2694.JPG

This little man went on three hunts with me this weekend. I was at full draw on a small 8 pointer last night with him next to me. Didn't get a shot off but what a cool moment to share with my boy. Last night we saw 4 different bucks, one of which was a nice shooter.

This morning he was up at 6 and we were in the stand by 7. Saw 3 different bucks. And this evening we saw a doe and a fawn.

He's only 3.5 years old so there was a lot of magic school bus watched on my phone - but hey, he was a trooper for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now is the time to get that young man hooked for life. Make him going a huge deal. Brag on everything he does right. Don't push him - better to leave him hungry than test his patience. He is a trooper if he went three times.

I assume you make sure he has the right snacks that he gets to select. Tell him only big boys get to go to the deer stand.

Thanks for sharing.

Sitting in the tripod on my little 22. Nothing has moved yet but hopeful with the rain coming anytime this morning. A buddy from work sent me a pic if a nice hog he shot already this morning. I haven't heard a shot.

16th and final day of rifle season in Oklahoma. Rained all afternoon yesterday into the night and then we had a break around 9:00 last night till about 4 am when the rain hit us again.

I eased in to the spot dead smack center of our 80 and naturally had a deer bust me when I was 20 feet from my stand in the pouring rain. I climbed the open ladder stand and got my umbrella up and sat the last 1.5 hours in the rain awaiting shooting light. Only been able to see about 20 minutes now. Rain is tapering off, light westerly breeze, 41 degrees...

Rut is dead here now and has been for 1.5 weeks. Our deer lease is in the secondary rut but poor wind direction for all my stands there. Decided to finish the season at home. Still have 2 shooters identified and to tell you the truth the smaller racked of the 2 is the one I hope to see, big mature 6 pointer...

Back