Live from the stand 2016!

Doe fawn is right in front of me mewing for its mother

8175ccaea7a8d36796c043f489a4bf42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a number of orphaned fawns the last week. Running around all panicky-especially non twinned fawns. Mom's were locked down with bucks. A few days later mom would be back with them. Mom either locked down or being processed right now.

I saw a number of orphaned fawns the last week. Running around all panicky-especially non twinned fawns. Mom's were locked down with bucks. A few days later mom would be back with them. Mom either locked down or being processed right now.
Mom being processed on this one...I heard her die at east neighbors hand...

No rutting here...

Haven't heard a shot since she was killed...

While I was sitting in the rain yesterday evening deep in the deer woods my wife saw one of the shooters feeding in our backyard at last light. She had the crosshairs on him but wasn't sure which deer it was and whether the age was right. I will check camera there when I get in...

My dining room is a great spot to hunt from...seen some real bruisers out that window and rarely does a morning or evening go by we don't see deer within 50 yards of the house...

Haha well here in Ft Worth I'm not seeing that kind of movement. Looking forward to the day when we get our house built on our land so I can finally enjoy that same thing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Doe fawn went east back to where momma got shot and I just heard 3 more shots...guess trying to kill out entire blood line

S. Oklahoma the secondary rut is under way. Saw 22 deer this morning which includes 9 different bucks. The tall 8 that got the pass last night maybe a year older then I first guessed him to be. He was chasing a doe this morning with 4 other bucks that ranged from 1.5 years of age to 3.5 years. He is certainly the biggest of the bunch. I got a small basket racked 8 pt bedded down just east of my stand, he's tending a doe and is getting no rest. A spike a and a four pt are trying to slide in close to his girl and he is having none of it. I'm about to break up their party and go grab some lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final evening of rifle any sex season in Oklahoma and I am back in the tree. Lest you think the deer are safe from thunder sticks the rest of the year you sadly are mistaken. We have a screwball 9 day late rifle doe season which happens to fall during secondary rut in our area so some of the folks that get out and partake can't seem to hold their trigger finger when old bullwinkle who happened to dodge everyone for 16 days and feels like it might be safe to check out the ladies or eat a turnip gets bagged instead of a doe. Rationale is that "I didn't get a buck with my rifle so they owe me one"...seen it too many times...

Sittng in the snow Second day of muzzle loader season snow still coming down over looking my first attempt of a food plot, nothing moving yet hoping for a doe or 2 to come by.

Wrapped up a slow finale. I did take a poke at a doe tonight, picked the biggest one of 13 in the plot...ranged at 248yds. Looked to be a clean miss, no idea why or excuse, just missed. I'll be taking a doe later during the holiday hunt, providing I can hit one.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Always feels like home when I can spend a cool damp afternoon at the boomerang field in Bull pen.
rps20161206_153232_795.jpg
rps20161206_153029_751.jpg
Some have talked about seasons ending but i am just getting started. A little sign of hogs so i hope a porker shows before dark

Attachments

• rps20161206_153232_795.jpg
    rps20161206_153232_795.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 0
Back