Geo in Co

Geo...That my friend, ain't no meal. You be weighing sub 200 eating like that.

POW food!

Now here's a meal!

DSC07397 (1200 x 900).jpg

I went to class the other day and said Coach "I made my fighting weight 205", he said 85.

I may have a body image issue, I still see myself as being obese, when I lose another 5lbs of fat and go sub 200 I'll be about 5% body fat.

I eat big in the a.m.

DSC07398 (1200 x 900).jpg

My last word on Lee the honest hunter. I read his online apology, I used the "wrong tag" which leads his faithful followers, who have circled the wagons by the millions, to believe that he had the right tag and it was all an honest mistake. The truth is he wasn't party hunting, according to him, he was checking cameras and he saw the 165" buck out in the field. Apparently overwhelmed with greed, he shot it. His Mother in Law was sent to Troublesome Creek in Keosauqua where she purchased a tag for the deer after legal hunting time was over for the day. Why he had his gun with him checking cameras I don't know, perhaps he was party hunting. He was issued a $195 ticket for unlawful transport of game.

Last year another feller from Farmington shot a buck, then went and bought a license for it, was red flagged, and received the same $195 ticket that Lee received. The DNR showed up at his house and confiscated his gun and buck. When the issuing Officer of Lee's ticket was asked why Lee's gun and buck were not confiscated, the answer was that the officer could only do what he was told to do by his superiors. There will be no DNR press release, this was not poaching, it was a minor offense. Preferential treatment? White privilege?

Mean while Iowa's big buck resource continues to go down the tubes.

G

Last edited:
What is your height? I am 6'2" and to be 185 I would be a skinny beanpole...I have been told I look unhealthy at right around 200...

What is your height? I am 6'2" and to be 185 I would be a skinny beanpole...I have been told I look unhealthy at right around 200...

6'4" I would have to drop an arm and 10 lbs of water to make 85

I take it in Iowa you don't have to tag the animal before you move it?

Good job on loosing the weight.

Thanks DP, I believe that it is 15 minutes and/or? before being moved.

G

Thanks DP, I believe that it is 15 minutes and/or? before being moved.

G
You are correct!! Copied straight from the Iowa DNR website:
Transportation Tag A Transportation Tag with the date of kill properly shown shall be visibly attached to the deer or turkey within 15 minutes of the time it is located after being taken or before the carcass is moved to be transported by any means, whichever occurs first, in a manner that the tag cannot be removed without mutilating or destroying it.

I'm with you Geo Iowa DNR covering this one up. Nothing else.

You're an inspiration!

Thanks Brad

One fish in the net all day.

DSC07403 (1200 x 900).jpg

The lake recently flipped so the water carried more stuff.

DSC07405 (1200 x 900).jpg

This feller came up behind me on the run that he is now fishing and gave me an egg and a little white leather leach that he caught a toad on yesterday.

DSC07407 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07410 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07416 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07418 (1200 x 900).jpg

I'll be back.

G

Well that is disappointing with Lee. Not that I am a big fan of TV hunters I always liked Lee and Tiffany. Now that I know the truth of the incident I have lost all respect. I guess we all make mistakes but he should be treated the same as an every day hunter.

Fishing pictures are beautiful. I'm ready for some spring time bass fishing!
todd

Geo...Catching up on threads. The breakfast in the pic prior to this update looks off the charts good. Amazing how "healthy" folks eat in CO. I come out on biz at least once a year. Past few times in Breckinridge. Couldn't find any fried food. HA! Fishing looks awesome. On my trips to Breckinridge, my buddy's place was right on the Blue River. Man that is one fine looking trout stream. Got your knife up on shelf at farm and think of you every trip down when I place my keys next to your knife. Keep swinging for the fences!

Well that is disappointing with Lee. Not that I am a big fan of TV hunters I always liked Lee and Tiffany. Now that I know the truth of the incident I have lost all respect. I guess we all make mistakes but he should be treated the same as an every day hunter.

Fishing pictures are beautiful. I'm ready for some spring time bass fishing!
todd

Thanks Todd. It would seem that Lee set a new precedence or low for Iowa, shooting a buck without a license is no longer poaching but an honest mistake.

Geo...Catching up on threads. The breakfast in the pic prior to this update looks off the charts good. Amazing how "healthy" folks eat in CO. I come out on biz at least once a year. Past few times in Breckinridge. Couldn't find any fried food. HA! Fishing looks awesome. On my trips to Breckinridge, my buddy's place was right on the Blue River. Man that is one fine looking trout stream. Got your knife up on shelf at farm and think of you every trip down when I place my keys next to your knife. Keep swinging for the fences!

Thanks much AC/TC.

Geo, looks like you've got half a plate of brassicas there. That'll put hair on your chest fo' sho'.

It put hair on my back fo' sho'.

Trout fishing in the desert.

Dam (1200 x 640).jpg

d2 (1200 x 640).jpg

I believe that this is what they call the Texas Hole. I'm now on a mission to catch a trout, I'm probably heading back on Saturday.

tttttt (1200 x 640).jpg

G

What do Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, and Lee Laskosky have in common? You guessed it, they are all famous Divas. The Conservation Officer did go to Lee's house with the intentions of confiscating the buck and Lee threw such the temper tantrum with all of the theatrics that the DNR left without the buck. This may seem inconsequential but it does make me feel better about the Officer, word came from above to stand down.

G

Alot of different stories and there are 2 sides to every one depending on where you look online,I for one am not believing anything accusing anyone of something online.

Alot of different stories and there are 2 sides to every one depending on where you look online,I for one am not believing anything accusing anyone of something online.

Freedom of Information act- The ticket says unlawful transport of game and in parentheses (tag purchased after the harvest), court records.

The only piece of non-sense that I looked at online was his apology. he said that he used the wrong tag, he lied. His Mother in Law purchased the tag for the deer 18 minutes after legal hunting time was over, the deer was registered for that day, hence the red flag.

He shot a buck that he did not have a tag for. I call it poaching, Lee calls it an honest mistake.

G

Last edited:
Back