Geo in Co

Thanks Buddy.

While having all of this snow laying around I do not see a lot snow machine activity in the hood, but they are more than welcome.

I'm glad that you are still using the knife. They haven't been any use to me this year. I have gotten some good reviews lately and requests.

So last evenings training session went about 1 hour and twenty minutes then Coach says go pee, puke, drink what ever you need to then come back ready. Not knowing what was up, I just sat there. Two pair of blue belts were matched up and me and another newbie, heavier than me, were set with Coach more closely presiding over the newbies. I was started on my back with this guy in my guard. The clock was set for 2 five minute rounds. It was time for me to practice my kinder, gentler, rolling technique but it was still more like tossing a Christian to the lion. The guy in guard's job is to pass but this poor guy was stuck knee deep in cement. This gave me time to think about what I was supposed to do, sweep or submit, game on. Second round I was in his guard which I had little trouble passing. So I ended up with my first half dozen or so submissions under my belt, Americanas, arm bars, a rear naked choke, and I even had my first leg lock 20 minutes after I learned it. I'm going again today and tomorrow.

G
Come on Geo. Need some slope pics. For goodness sakes its been 60 deg and rain here since the zero temps went back north. I came by the nearby ski resort, MLK day and them idiots were out there skiing in rain downpour. Poor Carolinians are desperate to ski a little I suppose. But I'll pass for now. Skis are standing lonely by the door, and I'm waxing the wakeboard. Crazy weather. I Enjoy your manhood posturing stories with the other Belts.

Come on Geo. Need some slope pics. For goodness sakes its been 60 deg and rain here since the zero temps went back north. I came by the nearby ski resort, MLK day and them idiots were out there skiing in rain downpour. Poor Carolinians are desperate to ski a little I suppose. But I'll pass for now. Skis are standing lonely by the door, and I'm waxing the wakeboard. Crazy weather. I Enjoy your manhood posturing stories with the other Belts.

I have been slope less as of late. My Nordicas had a molecular half life of 10 years. The fronts started to hatch out during my first time out but the backs blew out on the second trip.

DSC07357 (1200 x 900).jpg

So I just bought a new pair of shoes. 9' base and snow on the way so I'll be back up soon.

DSC07356 (1200 x 900).jpg

It seems that I was benched after my roll with the heavy weight blue belt and I kind of had my feelings hurt. Instead of being a baby I readjusted my tude and went back ready to learn and I'm feeling the Love again. I need to develope new good habits and not reinforce old bad habits. I'm on Monday-Thursday.

G

Wow G, I didn't even know boots could blow out like that. Love the look of the new ones tho. Have me thinking a little bit but these warm temps we've been having with rain has ruined any thinking of slopes around here. Cold moving in next week so hopefully the it will add to the snow they have. I like spring skiing in shorts but in January just doesn't sound right to me. I was served dinner by a cute thing at Outback last night that was from your town and I told her to look you up when she went back to visit. You can thank or curse me later.

Love the pics of the snow Geo. I'd love to head out there for a ski trip. All we are planning this year is a day trip to the 800' peak of Perfect North in Indiana. If I'm lucky I'll get to spend a long weekend in dogghr's neck of the woods. I might make it out west next winter...

Wow G, I didn't even know boots could blow out like that. Love the look of the new ones tho. Have me thinking a little bit but these warm temps we've been having with rain has ruined any thinking of slopes around here. Cold moving in next week so hopefully the it will add to the snow they have. I like spring skiing in shorts but in January just doesn't sound right to me. I was served dinner by a cute thing at Outback last night that was from your town and I told her to look you up when she went back to visit. You can thank or curse me later.

Well dating the screwball that moved back to Montana this summer was an eye opener for me, take, take, take, give in return? what planet am I from? Last Saturday it was drinks at the Hotel in downtown Durango, dinner across the street, admission to the dance hall around the corner with a new lady. I waited all week for a return invite that never came. 4 women dated, zero reciprocity shown, until I see any sign of kindness in return, I'll be one and done.

Love the pics of the snow Geo. I'd love to head out there for a ski trip. All we are planning this year is a day trip to the 800' peak of Perfect North in Indiana. If I'm lucky I'll get to spend a long weekend in dogghr's neck of the woods. I might make it out west next winter...

Hey HB, I've got a foot or two of powder floating down this weekend, I'll probably make it up to the pass when it's done.

G

The red carpet was rolled out to all poachers in Iowa, no discrimination. Amish don't any where near make up the majority of poachers in Iowa, white people do.

"It sounds to me as if you sold a bunch of private property stress...."

The guy that bought the 174 north of me in Iowa from the poacher, took it hook line and sinker that there were 170s galore bedded down on the property. He bought another guy out of an existing purchase contract so lets just say that he started with more invested than the dream property is worth today. Shortly after the purchase the Misses announces that she is ready for a divorce. He buys a brand new 80 horse tractor and mangles the front end, it has been in repair for months. He buys a brand new utv and mangles it too. He rents a bulldozer and mangles his only not already mangled leg, 4 operations and a titanium rod. Now he commutes to hospital in Iowa City from Michigan and his property is being over run by 170s.

So my Friends lets count our blessings this Holiday Season.

And D, Okie, I think that you guys may have talked me out of buying that 120 acre mountain property that I was looking at in OK.

G

The 170 north of Hickory Ridge is for sale.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...59,-91.64074,40.547461,-92.255974_rect/10_zm/

G

A sign of kindness in return not payback just a hint of an effort at being kind is an excellent criteria for choosing mates or friends Geo; It's not the only important criteria but I always thought that selfishness or a self centered attitude was a deal breaker all by itself.

Well dating the screwball that moved back to Montana this summer was an eye opener for me, take, take, take, give in return? what planet am I from? Last Saturday it was drinks at the Hotel in downtown Durango, dinner across the street, admission to the dance hall around the corner with a new lady. I waited all week for a return invite that never came. 4 women dated, zero reciprocity shown, until I see any sign of kindness in return, I'll be one and done.

Hey HB, I've got a foot or two of powder floating down this weekend, I'll probably make it up to the pass when it's done.

G
I know this one quite well for a while and if you don't mind younger, then you should get the invite. ;) LOL. Don't get me wrong, I ain't doing no match making, just some quality conversation. She's nice, but with my woman sitting there, I certainly played it cool. I not the brightest cookie in the jar but not the dumbest either but dang, she is hot……BTW loved the dog pic.

A sign of kindness in return not payback just a hint of an effort at being kind is an excellent criteria for choosing mates or friends Geo; It's not the only important criteria but I always thought that selfishness or a self centered attitude was a deal breaker all by itself.

Well said.

I know this one quite well for a while and if you don't mind younger, then you should get the invite. ;) LOL. Don't get me wrong, I ain't doing no match making, just some quality conversation. She's nice, but with my woman sitting there, I certainly played it cool. I not the brightest cookie in the jar but not the dumbest either but dang, she is hot……BTW loved the dog pic.

I haven't been discriminating against older so I probably won't younger either. Thanks for thinking of me.

Would you? ;)

Sell? I could never do that.

The big 10 in the first buck picture I believe to be my target buck back in the 2015/16 season. A bit of false advertising going on here, that 10 was killed by one of the Amish boys earlier in the 2016/17 season.

One of the bucks in the 6th picture looks like Homeboy with a new 10th point on his right beam.

The buck in the rear of picture 6 and in 7 looks to be the 3 1/2 year old up and comer, now 4 1/2, that spent the 2015 season with me. I would be looking for him next year if I was still there, he hung pretty tight to my ex 80.

G

I can see why only a 50% occupancy this time of year - BRRRRR!

Hope your wood pile is holding up!!!

I looked at climate before I came here and surprisingly for the mountain atmosphere here it is really quite mild. We did have some sub zero mornings last week. However if you go out in to the sunshine dressed for cold you end up feeling like a bun in a toaster oven. Wind chimes here are most always silent. I have had 4-5 nights that I would call windy, when fronts come through, since I have been here. This week will be up around 40 degrees, calm, full sun, bikini weather. I think that it is the snow that some folks find troublesome.

I still have good wood, 5.9 of the 7 cords that I started with and I'm burning wood just because I like to.

DSC07395 (600 x 800).jpg

Hank wanted to go visit with the nice Lady with the kitties and the wonderful smells coming out of her kitchen. I have kind of been leaning in that direction too.

DSC07383 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07386 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07387 (1200 x 900).jpg

DSC07390 (1200 x 900).jpg

Well I have 32 Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu episodes logged with the goal of 16 more this month. However I'm currently undergoing a mindset transformation. I went live last week twice with a tall lanky 2 degree white belt that has been training for over a year. I try not to underestimate anyone and when the bell rings it is about all that I have to power out of his submission attempts. He didn't tap me nor I him. I couldn't even pass his guard. I ended up stressing my legs particularly my left knee trying to squeeze his guts out of his butt hole while holding him in closed guard. Hence my transformation from strongman to 90lb weakling.

Saturday at open mat I stepped aside for the new strong man, an amateur MMA fighter with a 5 and 1 record with hopes of going pro. A beast of a man. I sprawled out on him his first take down attempt and hyper extended my already suspect knee on the second. That was enough for me with this guy. Our best blue belt had some success with him early on but was also getting bulled around quite a bit by him. The climax came with our blue belt struggling to avoid being choked out by a rear naked choke. This seemed to go on for a long time and while I was looking into my friends face worrying about how much more of this he could take, I completely missed the leg lock that he was was working. The bull tapped out but not until after his knee popped. Hopefully his knee will be ok and he will return. He has much to learn before his next fight.

As for me, my knee will be ok, and our blue belt, who I once bulled, tapped me about five times to my zero. My victories came in the form of pulling guard, a couple of sweeps, perhaps a take down, learning, and being a team player. Stay tuned, I'll let you know how the 90lb weakling fares this month.

G

Be careful with that G...we don't heal up like we used to. I am noticing I start feeling stuff pretty good after 5 or 6 hours of hinge cutting the day after I do it...

Have you been skiing anymore?

Back