Eclipse effect...

Will there be whitetail traffic jams observing this phenomenon? Will cutman be illegally hunting in the dark? Will all of Native's pears fall to ground, including that mysterious alien plant? Will dgallow's cows stop mob grazing? And what about those redneck blinds, will they have to come down? And just think about those confused chestnuts sent out by wbpdeer?

Lak, I almost panicked today. I put on those special glasses and my pears just disappeared.

I was working today in an area that had 98% coverage. We stopped at a parking lot for a few minutes during the peak.

The guy I was working with got a phone call from a friend and started messing with him - told him we went crazy and drove all the way to Hopkinsville at ground zero, which would be a real no-no for us to do. I laughed my rear end off when he told the guy that the funnel cakes from the food vendor were awesome. Then he asked the guy if he would like to have a T-Shirt. I think he is going to buy him a solid black one and take to him tomorrow.

We saw 100% and I gotta say it was amazing. Another thing I realized is how much light the sun still puts out when 99% blocked. It was like someone threw a light switch when that last 1% dissapeared behind the moon. It was light, then total darkness. It will be an event my family and I will never forget. And today was wife's birthday on top of that so even cooler to us. I'm glad we lived under the path of totality because from what I heard traffic was a nightmare.

I saw 99.98% totality. You could see the solar flares coming around it. Pretty awesome. While everyone was on Facebook freaking out about their animals, I was making a plea for the plants.

Not total here today, but the 2024 eclipse goes right over the farm! Be sure and reserve your spot now, non refundable of course.
We were over 97% today though. The leaf shadows were neat.
ed02c6b581a397106b4bf400f230c651.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I was only at 92% and it was like a storm cloud rolled thru. Shadows still present, but not near the "dark" everybody seemed to anticipate. Still was neat to see the dark in front of the sun. Next one on April 8, 2024 I am right in the path of totality. Maybe that will be more eventful......I will charge for parking either way!

Back