2020 Live from the Stand

5 bucks and two does so far this morning. Passed up a 5.5 yo 8 point that I probably shouldn't have. Had 3 nice youngsters pass by at 30 yards so grabbed pic.
ce0ae00393d965977e44b224156fa78b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I’ve been awol for a few days. Going to try it in the morning; but I’ll again be on the Massey with little to no reception. If we ever build there, we’ll need a whale of a cell phone booster. Who knows, by then I might just be able to teleport to a place with good reception temporarily. :D

I love late season...39 degrees for a high with overcast sky, a NW wind blowing 10 mph and snow coming in tomorrow morning. Deer didn’t move until the last hour of daylight but I saw a total 16 different deer with 6 being bucks that were all different than the bucks I saw last weekend. The best being a really good 8 pt that is 4 1/2 yr old that will turn into a great deer to target next year.

That looks like a giant doe!
Nah, but in really good shape with lots of fat. She was eating clover for 20 minutes and she was easily the most wary deer around. She was constantly looking, watching and on alert a lot. Figured she should be the one to go;)

Audrey went out tonight with Dawna and saw the big nine by our old home place again. She had him at 50 yards but got excited and fogged up the scope with her breathing. Tomorrow is the last day of rifle, so tomorrow afternoon Audrey is going with Dawna and Addison is going with me. After shooting the biggest target buck we had last year (not to mention a bigger buck than I’ve ever shot), Addison said she would video me if the wide eight came in close enough for an arrow. :D

Audrey went out tonight with Dawna and saw the big nine by our old home place again. She had him at 50 yards but got excited and fogged up the scope with her breathing. Tomorrow is the last day of rifle, so tomorrow afternoon Audrey is going with Dawna and Addison is going with me. After shooting the biggest target buck we had last year (not to mention a bigger buck than I’ve ever shot), Addison said she would video me if the wide eight came in close enough for an arrow. :D

Good luck !

I went to Wichita yesterday to drop my blower off for a little work and to pick up my alcohol injection stuff...we drove 2 different routes with one of them being very rural hoping to see one of those big Kansas bucks but we never saw a deer. In Oklahoma we only saw 3...
It’s raining right down, windy, and low 30’s. Going to church in a bit and if it stops raining I am going to try an evening bowhunt...

I went to Wichita yesterday to drop my blower off for a little work and to pick up my alcohol injection stuff...we drove 2 different routes with one of them being very rural hoping to see one of those big Kansas bucks but we never saw a deer. In Oklahoma we only saw 3...
It’s raining right down, windy, and low 30’s. Going to church in a bit and if it stops raining I am going to try an evening bowhunt...

When I first saw you post I had just looked at the radar and thought maybe you had fell out of a tree and hurt your head, ‘cause the weather doesn’t look too sporty in OK ! Then I see where you’re injecting alcohol ! I’m glad I kept reading and cleared all that up......:D

When I first saw you post I had just looked at the radar and thought maybe you had fell out of a tree and hurt your head, ‘cause the weather doesn’t look too sporty in OK ! Then I see where you’re injecting alcohol ! I’m glad I kept reading and cleared all that up......:D

Well, when we left for church in our little Honda Civic it was just raining...we just pulled in at home and we were grading road with it the past 10 miles!

9d3d2e27f3f965f54f16c69c14c61c81.jpg

a381c3298a1e87f8b8c75c3429811106.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That just looks too cold. 60s and 70s this opening gun weekend in FL. Too warm for me....gonna cool off a little this week, so maybe I'll have something to show on Thursday.

You’re making me jealous Okie, we’re north of you, so we’re supposed to get the snow! We did get about 1.5” — prolly our big snow for the year. :rolleyes:
Not much to report from the evening hunts. Nobody got skunked, but the bigger bucks didn’t make an appearance. I might try to get out tomorrow evening, we’ll see.

I have dozer jobs to do but this weather has me grounded. I stayed in this morning, can’t say slept in because for some reason my body has a built in alarm set for between 4:50 and 5:30 am and there is no sleeping after it has gone off. We got about 8 or 9” of a heavy, wet snow that hung to the trees like crazy and I knew it would be falling everywhere. It got up to 38 today and did a good number on some of the snow depth and took care of the roads but the snow is still over 4” deep at the end of today. I went out with plans to sit in my favorite stand down in the woods which is the same place those last photos I posted were but the snow falling off all the trees limbs was nuts so I went to the south plot and climbed into my ground blind with the bow. Had not hunted it since late October. I didn’t expect to see the one deer I was after but at least I was out of the house. At about 5:20 4 does came in and a. Few minutes after that 4 more came in followed by 3 bucks...2 were nice and I even had shot opps but chose to stay the course...of course, the target deer is still the target...

0945c30b1dcfbc7dbdd573b9f49847f6.jpg

a6849434ac82e7d1d0b6710647d4f5c3.jpg

fa59bdb4be59fb4a1fc59513ec6ff098.jpg

9feb366d5925fe656752ce2568082acd.jpg

bc0e1323eeabcd02c7b99780a1b32d8e.jpg

59be28d5a045044e769835ddf50906aa.jpg

Last edited:
Back