2019 Live from the Stand

Well the first sit was a bust. Checked and found the feeders were empty so ran and got corn for them and pulled the camera cards.

Supprizingly not many deer pics.

Went to bed early with a plan to be up early and woke feeling like crap. My eyes hurt and my head behind them aches terrible. All my joints are sore and aching.

It was bad enough that I shut off the alarm and laid back down. 5+ hours later and I’m still not feeling much better. Trying to get myself moving enough not to loose the entire day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made it out to sit in one of the spots I rarely do. Just a cleared area I made that seems to get daytime pics when nothing else does.

Still not 100% but I’m here in a tree so that’s what counts.
b95155494a72c2f1d2bf1beaaea8fa05.jpg

Made it out to sit in one of the spots I rarely do. Just a cleared area I made that seems to get daytime pics when nothing else does.

Still not 100% but I’m here in a tree so that’s what counts.
b95155494a72c2f1d2bf1beaaea8fa05.jpg

Good luck Deadeye!

Sitting in my double stand that's only been sat once in late bow season. It sure is pretty in here when the leaves fall off.

Cell Service isn't good enough to load pics right now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Just caught a glimpse of what looked like a nice buck at about 60 yards out. He had some bright white antlers and I tried grunting him back in but he either didn't hear me or didn't care.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Good luck!

Didn’t put too much effort into day one unfortunately. Drove up from Virginia at 3AM, got settled and headed out around 1. I checked for sign along easy access and met a neighbor to look at his property at 3. With 45 minutes remaining I sat (actually kneeled) near a fresh scrape and trail intersection. Saw one doe.

Neighbor killed this nice buck today, ran right off my place! Great deer, I’m happy for him.

88d38ed78df4b04fc8d5148e8c71bb43.jpg

I’ve taken a little vacation from hunting the last few days. Too hot, deer are mostly moving at night. Norther blew in today so I’ll be in the stand tomorrow morning. Gonna be a short hunt as I have to set a small bridge on my son’s lease with my backhoe. If I get through in time, back at it tomorrow afternoon. Checked some cameras today, and I’m seeing a little more daytime movement so maybe...........Good luck guys !

In blind on south plot with grandson. We have seen 8 does so far but the wind is shifty right now. We came to this spot because it was raining and 31 when we left the house. If nothing we like shows we are going to the oaks this afternoon. Heard 1 shot about 1/2 mile over to our west.
3c485d019dc457d0058f09a31c5c5aad.jpg

In blind on south plot with grandson. We have seen 8 does so far but the wind is shifty right now. We came to this spot because it was raining and 31 when we left the house. If nothing we like shows we are going to the oaks this afternoon. Heard 1 shot about 1/2 mile over to our west.
3c485d019dc457d0058f09a31c5c5aad.jpg

Lever Action!!!.......over under scope rings!!! That good sir is starting a kid off right. Brings back a lot of great memories hunting as a youth with my grandfather. Wish we had blinds and heaters back then. Closest thing we had was a blow down and a ton of sweatpants under an insulated jumpsuit. Froze myself to death

I remember those days Pine, and not so fondly either. Oddly enough my feet and hands used to freeze hunting or running a dozer in the winter. Now, taking blood thinners, I seldom wear insulated boots and my gloves are just cotton jersey type.
Okie, I hope the boy gets a good one today !

I’ve seen one little buck so far.

Dang boys...A miracle has occurred! Got 3 bars of 4G cell service at the farm. 1st time I’ve been able to post from here since acquiring the place. I’m live from the stand. It’s a steady rain here. Grandson is in the redneck overlooking a big field. I’m sitting on front porch sipping coffee n listening to the rain. Overlooking the plot in front of cabin. Not in a killing mood this morn. 8EA820D8-8A72-49E7-8ED9-BD48F94290A1.jpeg

Lever Action!!!.......over under scope rings!!! That good sir is starting a kid off right. Brings back a lot of great memories hunting as a youth with my grandfather. Wish we had blinds and heaters back then. Closest thing we had was a blow down and a ton of sweatpants under an insulated jumpsuit. Froze myself to death
I have 2 of those Marlin Lever Action 30/30’s set up identical. My very first deer rifle was exactly like this and I wanted to pass that nostalgia down. The blind and heater are really nice this morning. I remember rifle hunting in blue jeans with 1 pair of white long handles, 2 pair of socks under canvas tennis shoes because that is all that would fit and I didn’t have any boots, Jersey gloves and a red hoodie to be legal. I used to absolutely freeze to death!!! Pretty sure I died a few times...lol

Back