Working at the Farm - Took a few I-Phone Pics

G, I occasionally find one but not as many as I feel like I should find. I do look for them but don't seem to have a lot of luck. I get pictures of bucks still fighting in my plots in February and March, but I can't ever remember finding a shed in one of my plots. In the last 10 years I have probably found less than 10 sheds.

They do seem to be harder to find in Kentucky.

G

Yes, I do occasionally turkey hunt......

sEXTVcQ.jpg

ycZX2GY.jpg

An arrowwood viburnum thicket planted by birds. This plant didn't exist on my place until I planted 4 of them. Now I have 4,000 and the deer love to browse them. They also make great cover.

37oLZAA.jpg

It looks like I'm headed to an amazing apple year unless something very unusual happens.

5m8ckbj.jpg

nRfjAQT.jpg

Nice gobbler!! Late frosts have kept pairs and apples non existent for me last 3 years. Hopefully this year…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice gobbler!! Late frosts have kept pairs and apples non existent for me last 3 years. Hopefully this year…

We had a late frost night before last. Weather Channel said 32 degrees, but would be colder on low ground. See below what it did to the new, tender persimmon leaves that were just emerging. However, I think that most of the high ground apples and pears are going to be okay.

XIFiDoH.jpg

Native, you were up early this morning, worried about your flowers? It is frosty up here this am. I hope that the oak flowers haven't started yet.

G

Native, you were up early this morning, worried about your flowers? It is frosty up here this am. I hope that the oak flowers haven't started yet.

G
Hey G, it's good to hear from you. I've been waking up early ever since turkey season started. I haven't been back for a few days since harvesting my first one but still wake up at time to go hunting. I hope to go again in the last few days before season ends.

I put in a good habitat day yesterday doing some trail clearing and shrub transplanting. I ran the DR Mower for a couple of hours, so definitely got in my exercise for the day.

I'm not seeing much going on with the oaks yet, so hopefully they didn't get frozen out. Apple seem okay too, but the young tender leaves on the persimmon trees sure got bit. This pic was taken yesterday. But, I think they will still come out and produce this year.

XIFiDoH.jpg

Since my Imgur quit working I need to get used to posting without it. So far I'm not liking direct posting but a man must do what a man must do.

Noteworthy items:

* These trail cam pics are a few days old. I will check cameras again soon.
* I'm headed to an outstanding apple crop this year and below average pears due to a freeze.
* It's too early to tell about persimmons and chestnuts, but I think they are going to do well this year.
* I've been transplanting a lot of shrubs and doing other habitat work.

IMG_2659.jpg
IMG_2653.jpg
IMG_2648.jpg
IMG_2647.jpg
IMG_2664.JPG
D-2.JPG
D-4.JPGIMG_2618.jpg

Last edited:
It would be a short series. “The prey becomes the hunter. Until his plot becomes known to the greatest hunter of them all. And he dies that fall because Native gets what Native wants. The end…”

Back