Working at the Farm - Took a few I-Phone Pics

On the other site I had posted a lot of trail camera pictures. I would have liked to organize them better before posting again, but I just don't have the time right now to do that. So, I will just post several of them. Many of these pictures just give a feeling for what we have been able to do in the last 3 or 4 years by improving the habitat. I hope you enjoy these.

NH...Pretty cool to be able to see many of your trail cam pics all together. My favorite may be the doe with her fawn inside the barbed wire fence. Glad you'r here!!!

Those are some awesome trail cam pics. I've said before and I will say again- you have some awesome genetics at your place and your hard work really brings out the maximum potential of those genetics.

"Never point a trail camera East or West..." unless you want to occasionally capture some incredibly beautiful images.

Did you ever harvest that brute with the split brows? I'm fairly certain I've ridden horses that would have shied away from that deer!

Thanks everyone. The trail cams have become a great hobby that goes along with the land management. I don't save many pictures, but occasionally I get one that I just love.

Jason, yes that was the deer I took last year that we called Herman Munster. He was the dominant deer here and I had enough history on him to say he was probably 5 and certainly no younger than 4.

My son and I hunted him for the first 4 days of season and never saw him. He killed another deer and that left me hunting alone. On the 6th day of season I entered the blind at about 2 PM in the afternoon and he was standing 10 feet from my barn in the wide open like a yearling doe...LOL.

He had a massive body, and I called my father to come help me load him. It took some ingenuity for two of us to even get him in the truck without going to get the tractor. I will never try that again, because it only takes about 15 minutes to drive and get the tractor.

Everyone always asked me about the weight of some of our big deer, but in the past I've never had scales. I do now - got some for Christmas last year.

Edit - I just realized you might have been talking about the deer I called Bodybuilder instead of Herman Munster. He had a split brow too and was just as big body wise. Yep, I got him too. And, he had a lot better rack than old Herman.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. The trail cams have become a great hobby that goes along with the land management. I don't save many pictures, but occasionally I get one that I just love.

Jason, yes that was the deer I took last year that we called Herman Munster. He was the dominant deer here and I had enough history on him to say he was probably 5 and certainly no younger than 4.

My son and I hunted him for the first 4 days of season and never saw him. He killed another deer and that left me hunting alone. On the 6th day of season I entered the blind at about 2 PM in the afternoon and he was standing 10 feet from my barn in the wide open like a yearling doe...LOL.

He had a massive body, and I called my father to come help me load him. It took some ingenuity for two of us to even get him in the truck without going to get the tractor. I will never try that again, because it only takes about 15 minutes to drive and get the tractor.

Everyone always asked me about the weight of some of our big deer, but in the past I've never had scales. I do now - got some for Christmas last year.

I hope they go to 250 or above, if you plan to measure live weights. :)

You always have great photos but the deer cam of the doe in the fog working a licking branch is just awesome. Of course everyone knows that does don't use licking branches. Thanks for taking the time.

Back