Won a Tactacam X Pro

KSQ2

Well, I said I’d never buy a cell cam and I still haven’t, but I won one at a benefit dinner a few months ago. We are putting it at the Massey and service in the creek bottom isn’t the best, so I got an antenna booster from herd360. Also, I don’t want to mess with it at all after setting it, so I got some cheap lithium batteries a buddy recommended, and bought a solar panel. Also purchased a 10’, 1” diameter pvc pole to strap onto the t-post, to get the booster around 16’ off the ground. I hoping I’ve covered all the bases. Anybody run a cell cam or two? Have any other advice for me? We’re putting it on a community scrape right in the middle of the “sanctuary” area. I’ve always wanted to put a camera there.

If you don't have good sunlight to it for most of the day, you'll want to use external batteries. I like to face my solar panel to the south.

Well, I said I’d never buy a cell cam and I still haven’t, but I won one at a benefit dinner a few months ago. We are putting it at the Massey and service in the creek bottom isn’t the best, so I got an antenna booster from herd360. Also, I don’t want to mess with it at all after setting it, so I got some cheap lithium batteries a buddy recommended, and bought a solar panel. Also purchased a 10’, 1” diameter pvc pole to strap onto the t-post, to get the booster around 16’ off the ground. I hoping I’ve covered all the bases. Anybody run a cell cam or two? Have any other advice for me? We’re putting it on a community scrape right in the middle of the “sanctuary” area. I’ve always wanted to put a camera there.
What are the cheap lithium batteries you were recommended for this endeavor?

That looks like a Yagi antenna. They're directional, so make sure you point in towards the closest tower, and it stays facing that way.

That looks like a Yagi antenna. They're directional, so make sure you point in towards the closest tower, and it stays facing that way.
What antenna Griz? I got the Omni directional antenna, but didn’t post a pic of it.

I’ve never tried anything fancy, no problem getting 8-12 months with energizer lithium AA’s. Of course they cost almost as much as the camera these days!

I recommend setting the camera up to transmit pictures only once/day unless you want to become even more addicted to your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back