WI soil test kits - buy 3 get 1 free!

coolbrze0

FYI - sale is going on now. I've used 4 or 5 different companies for soil tests / analyses (for work & my plots) & so far it's the one I like the best!

494ea8819b1fe959d984da9425860b6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black and white copy. It comes colored up. This was my first at the farm. I use free one from WVU since then.
42e09b84cc5b7f249ba076f1e6094d6a.jpg

Black and white copy. It comes colored up. This was my first at the farm. I use free one from WVU since then.
42e09b84cc5b7f249ba076f1e6094d6a.jpg

Thanks for posting. I know I'd seen one a long time ago, but couldn't remember what you all get on their tests. You can get a test with more data for less money at Midwest labs for anyone interested. They've got an S1A report that does all of the WI tests plus gives buffer pH and base saturation. Those are a big deal for me, and I think the most important pieces of data worth testing. Buffer pH tells you how much lime you need, and base saturation tells you what kind of lime to use.
1.PNG

I get a different test from them, because I also want to see my sulfur levels. I test just before i put on my annual application of gypsum. I want to know that I've got enough to get me all the way through, so I don't get weak clover and touch off a grass invasion. The S1A test will get you everything on the top row, nothing on the bottom row.

These are my tests from this past summer. One is topsoil in my existing plot, another is subsoil I used to raise up a new portion of a plot. They are night and day difference in terms of soil composition. On the upper test soil, I use dolomitic pell lime. On the lower test soil, I only use gypsum. I'm happy with 6.3 and I don't want to add any magnesium. My topsoil is about 2 feet of fine sand. My subsoil is solid clay.
2.PNG

Thanks for posting. I know I'd seen one a long time ago, but couldn't remember what you all get on their tests. You can get a test with more data for less money at Midwest labs for anyone interested. They've got an S1A report that does all of the WI tests plus gives buffer pH and base saturation. Those are a big deal for me, and I think the most important pieces of data worth testing. Buffer pH tells you how much lime you need, and base saturation tells you what kind of lime to use.
View attachment 18301

I get a different test from them, because I also want to see my sulfur levels. I test just before i put on my annual application of gypsum. I want to know that I've got enough to get me all the way through, so I don't get weak clover and touch off a grass invasion. The S1A test will get you everything on the top row, nothing on the bottom row.

These are my tests from this past summer. One is topsoil in my existing plot, another is subsoil I used to raise up a new portion of a plot. They are night and day difference in terms of soil composition. On the upper test soil, I use dolomitic pell lime. On the lower test soil, I only use gypsum. I'm happy with 6.3 and I don't want to add any magnesium. My topsoil is about 2 feet of fine sand. My subsoil is solid clay.
View attachment 18302

Interesting, might have to try that one sometime. I've used 4 or 5 companies over the last 15 years & I like WI the best so far. I used Logan Labs for work a while back, maybe 5 years ago but can't remember if I didn't like it or it was #2 behind WI. Will have to go back & see if I can find a LL report.

Got my 8 test kits from WI the day after I ordered them. Pulling dirt samples and getting ready to return. I'm curious to see my results, I only test every other year, and I only put half the amendments on that the test calls for, due to it being cost prohibitive for the amount of acres that I plant, and I like trying to build my soil with a combination of amendments and plants. This will tell the tale of whether that program is getting me anywhere.

Back