Why does the DEERHUNTERFORUM page not load properly?

I take it people like the new forum?
I’m fine with it. I just want to come here, fellowship and learn from like minded individuals who have a better knowledge of the things we talk about. Ease of use is always a good thing, especially when you have a group of folks that didn’t exactly grow up with an iPhone or computer in their crib. So far this works and it’s intuitive, those are the main components to me.

Congratulations, Kudos and Thank You to all those responsible for getting this forum up and running as it should.
Lynn

Is a "push notification" the same thing as getting an email?

Thanks, I love the new forum.
A push notification is more like a text message, than an email, but essentially something is SENDING you information. IF you're using your phone/tablet, you'll likely get an alert that something has happened.

My notifications come directly through my E-Mail. It works for me.
Those aren't push notifications, just notification emails. If you look at the bottom middle of the page, you'll see something that says "Deer Hunter Forum would like your permission to enable push notifications". You can play with that option if you want to. See the yellow box in the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Push notifications.png
    Push notifications.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 7
Those aren't push notifications, just notification emails. If you look at the bottom middle of the page, you'll see something that says "Deer Hunter Forum would like your permission to enable push notifications". You can play with that option if you want to. See the yellow box in the attached screenshot.
I really appreciate your efforts in making this site work again.

Agree! Love the look n feel of new site. For a while I thought this thing might be headed toward the abyss. Thrilled to see it back up and running better than before.

And I thought I was the only one ! I never dreamed that the lack of activity was due to many members not being able to access the site properly. Needless to say, I’m happy that it’s OK now. 👍🏻

And I thought I was the only one ! I never dreamed that the lack of activity was due to many members not being able to access the site properly. Needless to say, I’m happy that it’s OK now. 👍🏻
Yes, It's co-operating nicely! The old format was always a little clunky to upload pictures, which I had a workaround that worked well, then around late summer last year the site often wouldn't load properly which was very frustrating, then in the fall it totally quit loading in a regular window, and the only access I had anymore was Tapatalk, which I didn't like.

It's great to see all the positive feedback! The old forum software was getting a bit old. With the new cloud hosted option, you should see the forum software update itself, so you'll always see a modern experience.

It's great to see all the positive feedback! The old forum software was getting a bit old. With the new cloud hosted option, you should see the forum software update itself, so you'll always see a modern experience.
By the way, what provider did you go with?

Back