Why……

Drycreek

…..do the best bucks only cruise at night ? Because they’re smarter than me, that’s why ! Sorry for the blurry pic on the top one, but this dude is always on the move. I’ve had a dozen pics of him in my wheat but always at night. The other one with the droopy main beam just showed up at my buddy’s feeder. He feeds corn all year because he loves to hog hunt. I bet old Droopy smelled that corn from a mile away. I think I’m about to fill my feeder too because this drought is tough on the deer. At least it gives them something.7D0A6ED5-5AF9-496D-9196-60746E0D99DE.jpeg209A3C48-F709-45A3-AA53-DFB1AF0DB592.jpeg

not a bad sign to be seeing night photos of him this time of year necessarily. that means he is not living on your property likely during the day-time however, once that september time frame rolls around many (not all) bucks shift their homerange during that early fall from more ag focused open woods to thicker cover good fall food.

top buck almost looks out of velvet already, dang that is early.

not a bad sign to be seeing night photos of him this time of year necessarily. that means he is not living on your property likely during the day-time however, once that september time frame rolls around many (not all) bucks shift their homerange during that early fall from more ag focused open woods to thicker cover good fall food.

top buck almost looks out of velvet already, dang that is early.

The top pic was last fall but I only ever had one pic of him in the daylight and that was year before last. Got plenty of pics of him at night, always in my plot, always coming from the same direction, and always on the move.

Set up more cameras in his line of travel. Sometimes you can trace them back to daylight sightings over time

Set up more cameras in his line of travel. Sometimes you can trace them back to daylight sightings over time

My buddy on the other end of the lease (350 acres) gets him too, but always at night. He’s a traveler ! I think he spends his daylight hours on the place next to us, but I’m not sure.

The bottom buck is new to us.

Back