Where Are the Biggest Booners Coming From Right Now?

BR, didn't mean to paint with such a wide brush as I know some outfitters do a lot to benefit the deer herd. But leasing up huge chunks of ground put a lot of us in a no-hunt situation. I'm not saying that's wrong either, I'm a capitalist, but it is a fact. I just hope Nebraska continues to suck so it's a non-issue.

BR, didn't mean to paint with such a wide brush as I know some outfitters do a lot to benefit the deer herd. But leasing up huge chunks of ground put a lot of us in a no-hunt situation. I'm not saying that's wrong either, I'm a capitalist, but it is a fact. I just hope Nebraska continues to suck so it's a non-issue.

My situation is I leased up a lot of acres but had I not leased the property it wouldn't have went to regular joe's, I have one landowner of 20,000 acres and had I not leased the ground I leased, it would have went to an outfitter that would have hammered the ground to make a profit. The only people that were hunting these properties prior to me obtaining these properties was an outfitter until 2010 and a ton of trespassers. I still deal with the trespassers every day. There are options with my properties though, if a guy wants to hunt on one of my farms he can pay a trespass fee and hunt it. The fact of the matter in this day and age if you don't pay to hunt or own your own ground it puts a lot of us in a no-hunt situation. This is the reason I ended up with the ground I have. I hate calling myself an outfitter but the title goes with the fact I have to apply for a license that calls me that so I can allow hunter's to hunt the properties and also so that I can afford to pay for it. I understand what you are saying but in some instances it would have been a no-hunt situation whether the property got leased or not. Unless that person is a lawless hunter which is the only people that had access to the ground I leased up. It has become the sad world that we live in unfortunately, when I was a kid I could hunt thousands of acres with a handshake. That is just not the world we live in.

Blizzard,

I am glad you lease that ground! I have hunted near you at two public hunting areas. What you are doing helps the deer herd in those counties.

Trespassers are crooks and rob from all of us. What they do has and will continue to hurt honest hunters and land owners!

Wayne

My situation is I leased up a lot of acres but had I not leased the property it wouldn't have went to regular Joe's, I have one landowner of 20,000 acres and had I not leased the ground I leased, it would have went to an outfitter that would have hammered the ground to make a profit. The only people that were hunting these properties prior to me obtaining these properties was an outfitter until 2010 and a ton of trespassers. I still deal with the trespassers every day. There are options with my properties though, if a guy wants to hunt on one of my farms he can pay a trespass fee and hunt it. The fact of the matter in this day and age if you don't pay to hunt or own your own ground it puts a lot of us in a no-hunt situation. This is the reason I ended up with the ground I have. I hate calling myself an outfitter but the title goes with the fact I have to apply for a license that calls me that so I can allow hunter's to hunt the properties and also so that I can afford to pay for it. I understand what you are saying but in some instances it would have been a no-hunt situation whether the property got leased or not. Unless that person is a lawless hunter which is the only people that had access to the ground I leased up. It has become the sad world that we live in unfortunately, when I was a kid I could hunt thousands of acres with a handshake. That is just not the world we live in.

Not knocking you brother. Don't have to defend yourself for what you do. There are a few places you can hunt for helping out and being a friend. But, there ain't many which is why I bought a place 15 years ago.

Back