Tires?

I had the nitto all terrain on a tahoe, 30k and they were shot with 5k rotations, i now have the nitto trail grapplers on my 3/4 ton and ill be lucky if i get 25k but they look good lol

I can't get more than 20k to 25k no matter what tire I put on my 3/4 ton. I'm trying a set of Michelin now that is supposed to last 65k but I have my doubts. I'm going back to the Cooper's.

In my experience, the BFG All terrains are great in snow and mud. They suck in heavy rain in my opinion. Could be local roads though, we tend to have many that have "wagon wheel ruts" where the water just sits.
I have been running Goodyear Duratrac's on my plow truck since they came out, and love them. I take that truck anywhere.
I have the factory Bridgestone Duravis M700 on my other truck, and they do quite well also in rain and snow, and the small amount of off road that truck sees. From trucks with them I have seen come through the shop, I have seen many at 60-70,000 miles before being replaced.
The plow truck regularly sees heavy loads, and the other is a crew cab diesel that is pretty much only used when pulling something. Both are 3/4 tons.
I know many like Cooper tires, but personally I do not. We sell them at work. Pain in the behind to get balanced, seem to not stay balanced and if anything is amiss with the alignment, tend to chop faster than a chef at a free all you can eat hibachi restaurant.

Just got rid of my Michelin LTX MS2s. They were at the wear bars at 40K. Rotated every 7000 when I change oil. Tire store said they would get 90K. They credited me back $85 back per tire, plus gave me a free tire for the one I run the corn stalk through (purchased lifetime warranty). Got the Michelin Defender. They say it's a softer compound than the last, so not much faith for long wearing tire...

Went with a leveling kit and 295/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Haven't driven it very far but the little highway time I got, the tires are very quite for a more aggressive tread.

16508448_1116831645111427_6152593518863939741_n.jpg

Went with a leveling kit and 295/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Haven't driven it very far but the little highway time I got, the tires are very quite for a more aggressive tread.
I don't know about the tires but I love the truck. This is my 2011.

IMG_1125_zpsstzzoilu.JPG

Back