Thriller on the Plains

War Damn Eagle!! A deer on Wednesday. Roll Toomers on Saturday. The older boys got to see their first Iron Bowl. Their Dad went to his first as a 9 year old in 1989.View attachment 17663

War Damn lak! We didn’t make it to the game but did get to enjoy it with a beach view in Gulf Shores. I was, however, at the 89 game as a student. From what I remember, it was quite memorable!

War Damn lak! We didn’t make it to the game but did get to enjoy it with a beach view in Gulf Shores. I was, however, at the 89 game as a student. From what I remember, it was quite memorable!
Bama came into the 89 game 2nd in the nation. My son, 9 at the time, enjoyed the game thoroughly. Auburn won 30 20 I think. After the game my son drew a cartoon with Aubie and elephant with caption "We beat the #2 out of you!" I still have that drawing

Last edited:
Bama came into the 89 game 2nd in the nation. My son, 9 at the time, enjoyed the game thoroughly. Auburn won 30 20 I think. After the game my son drew a cartoon with Aubie and elephant with caption "We beat the #2 out of you!" I still have that drawing

“We beat the #2 out of you!” That is AUsome!

Back