The problem with sawtooth

Massey, this can’t be right. The Internet says all of the sawtooths fall in September, and Abraham Lincoln said that everything on the Internet is true.

Haa! Started dropping sept 25th. Peak was oct 3 for this grove, I believe but I have nuts dropping into November. Bow season late this year and starts on Saturday. 9 different bears on camera. We’re overrun.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Haa! Started dropping sept 25th. Peak was oct 3 for this grove, I believe but I have nuts dropping into November. Bow season late this year and starts on Saturday. 9 different bears on camera. We’re overrun.

Your sawtooths drop very similar to mine, and mine definitely go into early November. Normally the are gobbled up quickly, but this year we have an unprecedented white oak crop, and nothing else means anything until those acorns are gone.

Unfortunately VA has a white oak drought this year. Will make for much easier hunting though. These are the years we will see anywhere from 15-25 deer and bear on an afternoon sit.

At least old fatso didn't climb the tree and snap half the branches off. Happened to several of ours last year. 😟

We are lucky. We may get one young male on camera passing through per summer when relocating each year. One did break a bunch of branches in a pear tree one year, destroyed a ground blind, and dug up some freshly planted ACs, but other than that one year, we haven't had much damage.

Back