The Farm - Eastern KY

Thanks guys. Mock scrapes seem to be working for getting pics. Now I just need to get more Cuddelink cameras. I haven’t mentioned it in this thread, but I absolutely love the system. I think I’ve got 8 at this point and would love to add more. No need for a cell plan with my setup and the pictures get sent to the home camera setup indoors. Literally 0 impact when checking cameras.

View attachment 20226
What size card do you have for the home camera? Isn't that a lot of pictures sent to one camera. I display my ignorance of this system, interested in more details.

What size card do you have for the home camera? Isn't that a lot of pictures sent to one camera. I display my ignorance of this system, interested in more details.

I have a 32GB card in the home camera. The pictures sent through the Cuddelink system aren’t the full res images that are stored on the card. They are only around 10KB. I’ve never come close to filling it up.

The image above is the low resolution version. The quality is good enough to identify bucks so it works great for me.

It was hard to sit in the stand this year and not think about all the things that need to be done. My best rut stand is in a dead ash tree and another dead one fell 10 yards from it that just about took it out. The general area is littered with them. One major task is to get the area cleaned up and find a new tree for a stand.

My target buck was killed by a neighbor and the other 5yo+ deer was taken by Dad. There are some beautiful 4yo’s that should blow up next year with a good crop of 3yo’s close behind. I’m done hunting for the year and plan to get to work after ML season.

Some of the mess. I am planning to clean up the deadfalls and then come back and cut down the dead trees when I have some room to work. I'll frost seed this with red and white clover.

y4mVn0tBrk3FdWfAOngbTpl0TyR7kawNCOrSbbpMYjGgbXlvKfyVytEkBjPQz4HAzTvIq1-VAjdnH05VIxEpkrDAxDrra-MykAc5SxpGMsKGxXrO9ZyFhN6c2A_TfUo_g45C_OX0HJ1LTqXcn1MTbCztc7IUxvCl7DdAMw3T9lHQWrY-c2yuJJltTL1Bp-65TTF

Some of the mess. I am planning to clean up the deadfalls and then come back and cut down the dead trees when I have some room to work. I'll frost seed this with red and white clover.

y4mVn0tBrk3FdWfAOngbTpl0TyR7kawNCOrSbbpMYjGgbXlvKfyVytEkBjPQz4HAzTvIq1-VAjdnH05VIxEpkrDAxDrra-MykAc5SxpGMsKGxXrO9ZyFhN6c2A_TfUo_g45C_OX0HJ1LTqXcn1MTbCztc7IUxvCl7DdAMw3T9lHQWrY-c2yuJJltTL1Bp-65TTF

I have put a good bit of clover seed out in the woods without much success you really have to open up the canopy a lot. However I will keep trying.

G

I have put a good bit of clover seed out in the woods without much success you really have to open up the canopy a lot. However I will keep trying.

G
I have wasted a lot of clover seed in the woods as well...to no avail...need lots of open canopy and very little tree root competition...

all it takes is a relatively flat area and a bulldozer...

The problem is the relatively flat area. I can get a bulldozer up there :). I have clover growing close, but it is a small spot. I know it won’t do well with tree competition, but I’ll be removing lots of trees. Should have plenty of sunlight on the ground.

I’ll frost seed and see how it goes.

Back