Taking Advantage of the Weather

Letmgrow

It was a beautiful day yesterday with all the buds on the trees and green up everywhere. I was even giving thought to mowing our lawns for the first time this spring. The farmer who rents my land spread fertilizer on all the fields he rents yesterday afternoon.
This morning I woke up to 2" of fresh snow on the ground and the sound of a Town plow going by plowing and sanding the road. Now late morning we have about 4" of fresh snow and it's still coming down hard.
I have some bare or sparse spots in a clover / chicory plot we planted last season only to have near drought conditions for a while afterward. I'll be headed out shortly with some bulk White Ladino clover and spread seeds over the spots as I can remember them in hopes the sed will be sucked into the soil as the snow melts away. The temperatures are supposed to be in the high 50's to low 60's this coming weekend. I may waste some seed but I'm sure most will take and the plot should fill in where the troubled spots are.
My biggest challenge will be getting up the hill with a curve at the top on my ROW.

I was up sawing at 8:00 am yesterday morning and had turkeys gobbling below me. It was a tickless day. This morning, a frosty one, I'm going up with the gun and leaving the saw.

G

That should work well Letmgrow. Great way to plant. I ran from the snow and cold to spend quality time w this guy!
649e610feb3d0de33ac19aabffe19106.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. He’s big enough to be whatever he wants to be!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like those little pink lizards I see in my creek. That thing is on steroids! I'd run and that thing couldn't catch me on the slippery trail I'd leave behind me.

Back